We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Help with a guide

Level Contributor
18 posts
3 reviews
3 helpful votes
Help with a guide

Hi

I am due to be in Tanna for a cpl of days end Nov. I had some trips lined up with my accommodation but unfortunately a cpl of them they now no longer do or have doubled in price as a solo traveler.

Would anyone have any contact for local guides who may be able to help, my time is very limited so would like to plan before arriving.

The trips I woul like would be a local wildernesses/ waterfall hike & a visit to the Yaohnanen tribe.

Thanks for any help

Stef

3 replies to this topic
Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
63 posts
13 reviews
7 helpful votes
1. Re: Help with a guide

Hi Stef,

Did you manage to do this in the end? I've been doing some research on a trip as well and a visit to the Yaohnanen tribe is something i would like to do but there's no info online.

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Best,

Matt

Level Contributor
18 posts
3 reviews
3 helpful votes
2. Re: Help with a guide

Hi Matt I didn’t sorry. I went on a wilderness walk with a guide from evergreen resort that took me to within a 10min walk but he couldn’t take me as he said he didn’t have permission for that village. Good luck in finding someone, you will love Tanna

Australia
Destination Expert
for Port Vila, Vanuatu
Level Contributor
2,567 posts
165 reviews
78 helpful votes
3. Re: Help with a guide

Matts, ask around at the new Rockwater Resort, past Whitegrass. they have lots of new tours and can supply guides http://www.rockwaterresort.com

Reply to: Help with a guide
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted