We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Baggage allowance Air Vanuatu port villa to tanna art 42/72

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
29 posts
1 review
Baggage allowance Air Vanuatu port villa to tanna art 42/72

Hi, I am wondering what the baggage allowance for flights from Port Vila to Tanna via Air Vanuatu on an ATR42/72 is?

I had heard it might be ten kilos per person but am wondering if that is only for other airlines that fly the tiny 4-6seater planes., or if that is for all domestic flights.

Sallly

Brisbane, Australia
Destination Expert
for Vanuatu, Port Vila, Espiritu Santo
Level Contributor
3,957 posts
28 reviews
1. Re: Baggage allowance Air Vanuatu port villa to tanna art 42/72

Hi Sally,

The new ATR has made a difference to weight allowance. On the smaller planes the hand baggage itself is weighed.

Here's the info from the horses mouth.

In Vanuatu, not in conjunction with International travel 10KGS

From or to Australia & New Zealand, using an Air Vanuatu or Qantas International flights, travelling on ATR-72 operated flights only between Port Vila, Santo and Tanna v.v. ** A 10KG allowance applies to all other aircraft types. --- 23KGS

From or to Australia & New Zealand, using any other international flight 10KGS

Hope this helps,

Jen

New Zealand
Level Contributor
7,129 posts
389 reviews
2. Re: Baggage allowance Air Vanuatu port villa to tanna art 42/72

I flew from Auckland to Tanna via Port Vila, then returned to Vila to stay a few days before flying back to Auckland. The baggage allowance was 23kgs, even though the flight to Tanna was on a small plane (about a 12 seater from memory). This was for checked baggage, they didn't seem worried about my carry-on.

Bern
Level Contributor
10 posts
43 reviews
3. Re: Baggage allowance Air Vanuatu port villa to tanna art 42/72

they only care when the plane is full and they have a lot of luggage. the carry-on is always weighted togehter with you, so you don't have to worry about that part

4. Re: Baggage allowance Air Vanuatu port villa to tanna art 42/72

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 June 2013, 23:41