We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Snorkeling East side of Tanna

Which Tanna Island hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Maroochydore Qld...
Level Contributor
257 posts
20 reviews
Save Topic
Snorkeling East side of Tanna

I have read alot about the snorkeling on the West side of Tanna with the blue holes etc, however I haven't really seen much about the East side for snorkeling, ( it's all about Yasur) how is the snorkeling on the East Coast? Is there a reef at white sands beach or turtle bay, or any other areas you would recommend, any info would be appreciated.

Steely

Port Vila, Vanuatu
Level Contributor
1,031 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Snorkeling East side of Tanna

This image of Port Resolution will give you a aerial perspective, the rest of the image album will be of interest: https:/…

I have body surfed on the white beach on the most western side of Port Resolution and found beautiful coral (definitely not conducive to body surfing!), so you should find some pristine coral to see.

Bring your own snorkel gear as there is none there for hire.

Cheers,

John

Maroochydore Qld...
Level Contributor
257 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Snorkeling East side of Tanna

Thanks John, great photos.

Steely

Sydney
Level Contributor
1,177 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Snorkeling East side of Tanna

Fantastic visuals John -- I'm lurking and learning on the Vanuatu forum for a trip next year and your photos will be of great help.

Julie.

4. Re: Snorkeling East side of Tanna

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 August 2014, 06:21