We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

charter flight question

Seattle, WA
Level Contributor
2 posts
19 reviews
Save Topic
charter flight question

We are booking lodging at Moremi Crossing and are having a hard time getting an itinerary for our stay. The main hold-up is that they won't know our arrival and departures until the day before. Is this typical? We are traveling from Kasane into camp and back.

london
Destination Expert
for Zambia, Selous Game Reserve, Ruaha National Park
Level Contributor
4,666 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: charter flight question

Yes it is typical. The small planes pick up and drop off at numerous camps, and the exact schedule isn't usually worked out until the day before. If you have a connection to catch eg with an international flight, this will be factored in when they make the schedule.

London, United...
Level Contributor
9,343 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: charter flight question

Very typical in my experience- I can't say I have ever had a detailed itinerary for a lodge in advance. I'm always amazed at how well it works out on the ground ( and in the air).

Maun, Botswana
Level Contributor
163 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: charter flight question

Yes, this is typical. Air charter companies only release their flight times the day before. If you are catching an international flight they will ensure that you are at the airport of departure in time to check in. It does all sound very vague and a bit disconcerting but it does work.

4. Re: charter flight question

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 December 2015, 07:15
Get answers to your questions about Maun