We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

advice

cumbria
Level Contributor
186 posts
Save Topic
advice

just back did thorn tree safari with somak then 2 weeks at sun and sand brill,so want to go back 28 th of feb for 2 weeks ,can i ask looking for a cheap deal do we wait till nearer the time .???to book

uk
Level Contributor
1,335 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: advice

up to you really, think there might be a few sales on after xmas as there usually is , or book direct with hotel and look for a chea[p flight on the dates you want, i will be doing same in march and will look to book flight only with asc

South West England...
Destination Expert
for Mombasa, Diani Beach, Kenya
Level Contributor
7,250 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: advice

Not sure when half term is in your area, but avoid those dates as prices go up and availability goes down.

Nairobi
Level Contributor
19 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: advice

No comment in regards to the Flights . But for accommodation and Safari , it will be Low Season . Most companies and Hotels should be able to give to you their low season rates.

Nairobi, Kenya
Level Contributor
3,755 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: advice

"Most companies and Hotels should be able to give to you their low season rates."

Unless, as Tembo pointed out, it's the half term holidays.

Sawbridgeworth
Level Contributor
136 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: advice

Try emirates via Dubai - get the 10 p.m. out of LHR and return to LGW even if you wish - lotsa choices - got mine for £450 retorn for Feb travel

Mentioned in this post
Dubai
Dubai
Emirate of Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Mtwapa, Kenya
Destination Expert
for Barcelona, Newcastle upon Tyne, Bamburi, Mtwapa
Level Contributor
16,151 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: advice

Hi,

I love Emirates, I'm on their frequent flyer scheme, mainly because they fly out of Newcastle, but the problem with them flying UK to Nairobi is the journey time, instead of a 9 hour flight you get a total journey time of over 14 and a half hours and instead of arriving in Nairobi in the early hours you arrive mid-afternoon. (Dubai Airport is not a pleasant place to spend several hours in, this 2 and a half hour transfer :is about as long as you would want to spend there)

KLM are doing LHR to Nairobi for £375 in Feb, Mar , April its via Amsterdam buis still only around 11 hours journey time

Mentioned in this post
Sawbridgeworth
Level Contributor
136 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: advice

at laaaaaaaaaaaaaast an Emirates user!!/ expert !! Thank you - Do they serve alcohol throughout the flt or do you have to ask? What type of food do they serve? How many pieces can you check in - the tkt just says 30Kilos.

cumbria
Level Contributor
186 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: advice

sorted going from manchester on the 28th of feb for 2 weeks.

package hol this time ,just hope monarch, still flying 4/1odds

fingers crossed

Mtwapa, Kenya
Destination Expert
for Barcelona, Newcastle upon Tyne, Bamburi, Mtwapa
Level Contributor
16,151 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: advice

Hi,

Emirates usually serve drinks about 30 - 40 minutes after take off. They serve drinks with the meal. After they have cleared the meals away they tend to let people get their head down, but you can still get drinks by either going to the galley or just pressing the steward button.

The food is usually pretty good see here for an example

emirates.com/english/…economy_class.aspx

The allowance is 30kg but I only ever have one bag and its always well within the allowance. I don't think there is anything on the website that limits the number of bags as long as you are within the weight limit. I don't think they operate the 'piece concept'

emirates.com/english/…baggage_calculator.aspx

Sawbridgeworth
Level Contributor
136 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: advice

Mighty thanks for the comprehensive, quality response with working weblinks to boot.

Accurate info: too.

Well done.

Get answers to your questions about Kikambala