We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

what to wear in evenings at Baobab in August?

curlynirvana
Level Contributor
34 posts
96 reviews
Save Topic
what to wear in evenings at Baobab in August?

We are going to Baobab in August, and not sure what is advisable for women to wear in the evening, it is best to wear linen trousers to avoid being bitten, or is it ok to wear dresses and skirts?

Any advice would be useful before I go shopping in a week or so.

Thanks

Jackie

plymouth england
Destination Expert
for Kenya
Level Contributor
5,880 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: what to wear in evenings at Baobab in August?

smart casual is fine for the evening and I do believe men are required to wear long trouser and smart collared t/shirt or shirts

some hotel will allow 3/4 chinos

very cheap linen [ type] pants around £6 in supermarkets/next or matalan look fine and you can give them away as a gift ..

bit of bling from primark looks great under the candle light ..lol!!

curlynirvana
Level Contributor
34 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: what to wear in evenings at Baobab in August?

Thanks for that. I have a couple of dresses to wear, but not sure whether to take them for fear of being bitten my mosquitos, do many people wear dresses?

Thanks

Scotland
Level Contributor
81 posts
120 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: what to wear in evenings at Baobab in August?

I was in Diani lastmonth and lots of folk wore maxi dresses at night- and during the day. Im returning next month and both my daughter and I are taking maxis with us- they're nice and cool when its warm and sticky at night. best bet against bites is to layer on the repellant - and apparently if you eat marmite for 2 weeks before you go, that should help too! Im trying it out......:0)

curlynirvana
Level Contributor
34 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: what to wear in evenings at Baobab in August?

Thanks for your advice, I was thinking about getting a couple of maxi dresses, am going out to buy marmite today, thanks for that tip!!!

Thanks

Jackie

edinburgh
Level Contributor
1,601 posts
269 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: what to wear in evenings at Baobab in August?

Maxi dresses seem to be 'in' at the moment and I got a few from boohoo.com - seems a good site and there is a sale on just now.

Also got one from Oasis which is jewelled at the top and more for evening but cotton and hand washable.

My husband always long trousers and a short sleeve cotton shirt for the evenings.

6. Re: what to wear in evenings at Baobab in August?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 January 2011, 05:16