We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

long trousers diani sea resort

Which Ukunda hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Barnsley, United...
Level Contributor
166 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
long trousers diani sea resort

Hi all, can anyone advise me if there is a strict dress code in Diani Sea Resort?It says long trousers for men. Is it possible to wear dressy shorts 3/4 type or knee length? My fiance isnt much of a long trouser wearer when on holiday!!

Cheers for any replies

plymouth england
Destination Expert
for Kenya
Level Contributor
5,878 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: long trousers diani sea resort

if long trousers are "requested" to be worn in the Dining room then you will find the staff will turn you away -some hotels dont give a fig what you wear but many do!!!

very smart dress short are accepted but I would take a cheap pair of chinos or Jeans [ any supermarket has them ] as a stand by and save embarressment .

southampton
Level Contributor
71 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: long trousers diani sea resort

I went last may (09) and all men there did wear long trousers. I didn't see anyone get turned away because there was no one wearing shorts. i didn't like it to begin with but there is the added bonus of having less bites on your legs which my partner got every night due to wearing a dress

Boston...
Level Contributor
817 posts
162 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: long trousers diani sea resort

I hardly ever see shorts on men in Europe or the Middle East unless on the beach or they are very young..or they are American tourists :)

(*ducking now*) LOL!

South West England...
Destination Expert
for Mombasa, Diani Beach, Kenya
Level Contributor
7,048 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: long trousers diani sea resort

There are a group of men (maybe specific to the UK) who think wearing shorts, socks and sandals is a good look. The look used to be accompanied by a knotted hankerchief worn on the bonce. Definitely not the our man in Africa look!

Barnsley, United...
Level Contributor
166 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: long trousers diani sea resort

Haha he definately is not the socks and sandals type! was thinking more trendy combat type shorts and smart top.or linen 3/4 length. He has worn these in Egypt and Maldives without problem, thanks for replies

Tina

Edited: 26 November 2010, 09:12
plymouth england
Destination Expert
for Kenya
Level Contributor
5,878 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: long trousers diani sea resort

Combats are not a cool look for Dinner !!! I saw yesterday in Primark a pair of creamy/ grey chino pants for £4 !!!

Barnsley, United...
Level Contributor
166 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: long trousers diani sea resort

Thanks for advice, I will take a look, but have a feeling they may be a bit old fashioned for him.

p.s I didnt mean combat as in army print(I meant plain with big pockets) haha

Cheers

plymouth england
Destination Expert
for Kenya
Level Contributor
5,878 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: long trousers diani sea resort

I know the pants you mean but they do look a bit naff ! cant you tell I am an old git ha ha actually some hotels will allow then in the dining room - if they dont, I have seen the men wearing a skirt!!!

Barnsley, United...
Level Contributor
166 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: long trousers diani sea resort

haha i'l bear that in mind!! although my skirts may be a little tight on the old waistband for him!!Diet coming up!Ha

Cheers

Bournemouth, United...
Level Contributor
54 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: long trousers diani sea resort

Hi

Can you post on here pls when you know the score or review?

I am due to go over xmas and my husband will be expecting to wear exactly the same kind crop trousers for some evenings (that have been the generally accepted new lenght or men in fashion for the past 6 years) I have found it hard to buy my teenage son full lenght linens due to his long leg little waiste! Im counting on crops for him. He wont wear a skirt :-)

Ive been to DIani before and I cant remeber it being as issue, cant remember what men wore and all the pics in the evening are from the waist up!