We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Travel Agent for Pinewood.

Wales
Level Contributor
199 posts
14 reviews
Save Topic
Travel Agent for Pinewood.

I am looking to return to Pinewood next year once again. I can't seem to find it anywhere on the major agents i.e. thomson & thomas cook. For you guys booked to go, can you tell me who you booked with?

Last time I went with Thomsons

Regards

Martin

North Yorkshire
Level Contributor
137 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Travel Agent for Pinewood.

Hi Martin

We booked with Thomson Worldwide for our trip on 14 January 2011, Hayes and Jarvis also featured it (think they are part of the Thomson group too). Hope you find it with one of them.

Penny

Wales
Level Contributor
199 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Travel Agent for Pinewood.

Thanks for that, I actually popped into First Choice this morning and picked up the brochure for Thomson Worldwide and found it in there. The agent said no probs booking it from Manchester (when the flights are reloaded around the 3rd January, at the moment they are showin up no flights and the agent had to phone the airline for advice).

Thanks again, hope you have a great time, wish I was back in Pinewood now

North Yorkshire
Level Contributor
137 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Travel Agent for Pinewood.

We looked at flying from Manchester as it's nearer to us, but it flew via Amsterdam and we wanted a direct flight that's why we're going from Gatwick. Do they usually do direct flights to Mombasa from Manchester?

Wales
Level Contributor
199 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Travel Agent for Pinewood.

Thomson airlines fly from Manchester direct to Mombasa. Their flights are being reloaded at the moment, I have been told to wait till 3-4 January to check flights.

The last time we went to Pinewood we flew direct Manchester - Mombassa with Thomsons, but then (2008) Pinewood was in there regular brochure rather than just worldwide.

Belfast, United...
Level Contributor
130 posts
175 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Travel Agent for Pinewood.

Hi, we are going to Pinewood for 12 nights at the end of February (4 days safari in between - hurrah!) and I found the hotel in Thompson Worldwide, Kuoni, Hayes and Jarvis and Virgin Holidays. Virgin offered the best price and the flights we wanted (night flights from Heathrow via Nairobi - there was a wide range of other flights to choose from at more or less the same price) so we booked with them.

Good luck shopping around and have a lovely holiday!

colchester, uk
Level Contributor
58 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Travel Agent for Pinewood.

We booked for pinewood village last june but found the hotel via a kuoni wedding brochure as we are getting married in Kenya in 2011. However, we didn't want to have to fly via Nairobi when we knew that there are direct flights with first choice/Thomson. We found the hotel in the thomson worldwide brochure and asked the travel agent to fly as there with direct flights with Thomson and hotel, I think they had to hash it together rather than just a simple package, but unless you're doing a safari why would you want a flight to nairobi when you can fly direct, doesn't make sense!

On looking on the internet,Direct holidays also go there.

Hope that helps!

7. Re: Travel Agent for Pinewood.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 13 April 2015, 20:36
8. Re: Travel Agent for Pinewood.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 February 2012, 06:16