We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Visa price

Manchester England
Level Contributor
238 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Visa price

Hi there,

We are due to travel to Baobab on 2nd March and was just wondering about the cost of the visa. I prefer to get it before I travel but last time I went two years ago I sent £20 for each visa as per the Kenyan High Commision website - but they sent them back and I had to send a further £10 each.

I don't know whether to send £30 straight off and avoid the delay as the high commission website is still showing £20.

Can anyone who has recently bought one please tell me the correct price in the UK before travelling.

Thanks in advance

Mentioned in this post
Baobab Beach Resort & Spa
1,694 Reviews
Diani Beach, Kenya
nyc
Level Contributor
15,087 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Visa price

Buy it on arrival USD$50/person.

Mtwapa, Kenya
Destination Expert
for Barcelona, Newcastle upon Tyne, Bamburi, Mtwapa
Level Contributor
16,214 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Visa price

Hi,

The price reverted to £30 on Jan 1st this year, the High Commission updated its website to reflect this a week or so ago

edinburgh
Level Contributor
1,602 posts
269 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Visa price

We sent our documents and passports away to The Kenyan Commision as we wished the multiple visa which is now £60 and received the passports and documents back within a quick time - don't think it was even a week.

Edited: 18 January 2011, 12:38
Manchester England
Level Contributor
238 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Visa price

Thanks everyone - that's a great help. Can't wait to go. This will be our third time in Kenya but first time at the Baobab and it sounds wonderful. Think I will certainly be checking out J T Safaris too. Only six weeks and counting.........................

Mentioned in this post
Kenya
Kenya
Africa
1,694 Reviews
Diani Beach, Kenya
seattle
Level Contributor
183 posts
337 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Visa price

I paid $25 on arrival NBO Jan 6, 2011

milton keynes
Level Contributor
807 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Visa price

The Kenya Embassy website in Washington shows a visa fee of $50 for a single trip and $100 for multi visa. You must have been lucky and found someone who used the old rate.

Mentioned in this post
Kenya
Kenya
Africa
wigan
Level Contributor
63 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Visa price

Hi all,

Is it ok to use Kenyan schillings to pay for your visa on arrival?

Thanks

Martyn and Diane

Sheffield UK
Level Contributor
200 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Visa price

Sorry to be dim but does this mean we can get one on arrival and it will cost £30 per person and can you pay in sterling or do you pay in dollars or shillings? No time to get one - booking last minute

Mtwapa, Kenya
Destination Expert
for Barcelona, Newcastle upon Tyne, Bamburi, Mtwapa
Level Contributor
16,214 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Visa price

Hi,

Yes you can get them on arrival, for $50 or £30, at Mombasa they always seem to accept £s but at Nairobi, very occasionally, they will only accept dollars

You can save time and hassle at the airport by downloading the form from here and completing it at home

kenyahighcommission.net/khccontent/visaspass…

Mentioned in this post
Mombasa
Mombasa
Coast Province, Kenya
Sheffield, United...
Level Contributor
1,686 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Visa price

hi i returned from kenya on the 2nd feb when we entered on 17th jan i was expecting to pay $50 or £30 per person the signs at the visa desks stated $30 or £ 20 per person and that is what we paid £20 each just make sure you have the difference should they change as expected