We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Visa price

Manchester England
Level Contributor
238 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Visa price

Hi there,

We are due to travel to Baobab on 2nd March and was just wondering about the cost of the visa. I prefer to get it before I travel but last time I went two years ago I sent £20 for each visa as per the Kenyan High Commision website - but they sent them back and I had to send a further £10 each.

I don't know whether to send £30 straight off and avoid the delay as the high commission website is still showing £20.

Can anyone who has recently bought one please tell me the correct price in the UK before travelling.

Thanks in advance

Manchester England
Level Contributor
238 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Visa price

Thanks everyone for all your help. I have now got my visas - and just in case anyone else needs any current info I sent £60 to the Kenyan High Commission for two visas. They returned this week in the post with a refund of £20. So the current price for postal visas is £20 each. Can't wait to go now.

Mtwapa, Kenya
Destination Expert
for Barcelona, Newcastle upon Tyne, Bamburi, Mtwapa
Level Contributor
15,829 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Visa price

Travelqueen,

I recently sent off for a multi-trip visa and enclosed a PO for £60, they refunded me £30, so with your refund and the reports that they are still charging the reduced fees for visas on arrival it looks like they have not implemented the increased fees. So its looks like it is still £20 $25 for a single trip, £30 $50 for a multitrip

Shanzu, Kenya
Level Contributor
1,173 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Visa price

So it wasn't Favouritism Doff !

milton keynes
Level Contributor
807 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Visa price

Last Saturday my 2 visitors paid $25 too. Karibu Kenya.

Nyeri, Kenya
Level Contributor
2,786 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: Visa price

You can get your visa on arrival in Kenya. $25, but must be in USD. The airline tell you that it is $50, but when I arrived here in May and again in November, it was $25.

You can download and print a visa application form from the Kenya High Commission website - it saves a bit of time.

If you apply to the Kenya High Commission, in person, or by post, you will need passport sized photos (2 I think). These are not required when applying on entry.

For a visit, it is much less hassle to apply on arrival in Kenya - as long as you have the correct amount of $ on you!

Mtwapa, Kenya
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
15,829 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: Visa price

You do not have to pay in $s, you can always pay in £s and €s at Mombasa, and also usually at Nairobi, (very occasionally they will only accept $s at Nairobi)

And it is one photo you need if you send away for the visa in advance

Edited: 14 February 2011, 08:27
southampton
Level Contributor
1,073 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
17. Re: Visa price

do you still have to pay an exit fee? thomsons website say it is $50 entry and $25 exit. wonder if this is correct as everyone seems to still be paying the reduced entry visa at the moment. hope this lasts til may as thinking of going then!

thanks

Mtwapa, Kenya
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
15,829 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
18. Re: Visa price

If you go with Thomson or First Choice you have to pay the Departure Tax yourself, everyone else includes it in the cost of the flight.

It is $20, £12, or 1.700/-

Nyeri, Kenya
Level Contributor
2,786 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
19. Re: Visa price

The only currency accepted for visa payment on arrival in Nairobi is US Dollars. It is a recent change and you will be sent to a forex bureau to obtain the $, if you try to pay with any other currency, including Kenya Shillings.

There are notices at Immigration to inform you that USD only is accepted.

I have never been asked to pay a departure tax, but have always flown to Kenya via scheduled airline and I think the tax is included in the fare.

southampton
Level Contributor
1,073 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
20. Re: Visa price

thanks for the reply.

Get answers to your questions about Ukunda
Recent Conversations