We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

immunisations

Which Ukunda hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
glasgow
4 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
immunisations

Travelling to kenya ,I know it is reccommended to get vaccines for typhoid , tetnus ,hepititus and also malaria tablets .but are they needed

nyc
Level Contributor
14,615 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: immunisations

For travelers anywhere, especially adults who haven't been inoculated since childhood, should be current with the basics, even if never leaving home where you can just as easily contract these.

So, it's a good idea to have both Tetanus and HepA which are good for 10/years.

Isle of Man, United...
Level Contributor
37,001 posts
340 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: immunisations

See your GP. Never take Forum advice as your sole source.

You certainly should take Malarial prophylactics. It kills more folks than HIV in Africa.

Nyeri, Kenya
Level Contributor
2,553 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: immunisations

Having tetanus is a good idea, even in the UK, especially if you do gardening/anything involving soil.

I had typhoid, in Kenya about 3 years ago - very very unpleasant and would certainly delay your return to the UK, if you happened to catch it. Its like salmonella x 10.

Go speak to your GP, for advice. I would just echo Mfuwe and strongly advise that you take malaria prophylactics. If your GP advises that you have yellow fever - you do not need this one for visiting Kenya.

Isle of Man, United...
Level Contributor
37,001 posts
340 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: immunisations

No wish to start a hare running again but....

""If your GP advises that you have yellow fever "" Get It!

It lasts ten years and resolves a lot of angst for this and any future trips..

Rossendale, United...
Level Contributor
54 posts
102 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: immunisations

I am going for Christmas and my Doc advised the following which I have done :)

Yellow fever

Hep A & B

Typhoid

Diptheria

Tetanus

Malaria prophylactics

Gail

Isle of Man, United...
Level Contributor
37,001 posts
340 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: immunisations

Good one Gail.

Have a good Christmas.

7. Re: immunisations

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 June 2013, 19:16