We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Whats the weather like in Ukunda

Which Ukunda hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
London UK
Level Contributor
22 posts
33 reviews
Save Topic
Whats the weather like in Ukunda

Hi, Weather forecasts for Mombassa show storms for next few days, whats it like in Ukunda.

Mtwapa, Kenya
Destination Expert
for Barcelona, Newcastle upon Tyne, Bamburi, Mtwapa
Level Contributor
15,273 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Whats the weather like in Ukunda

Hi,

I'm about 25 miles away at Mtwapa, I arrived back in the early hours of yesterday morning after 3 weeks in England and Spain, I've just posted on my Facebook page how nice it was this morning to have my tea on the balcony in shorts and tee-shirt after 3 weeks of being cold most of the time.

Yesterday was very hot and sunny, this morning was beautiful, sunny with the odd white cloud and a nice cooling breeze but its starting to get hotter now.

I did a daily weather report, on the Mombasa Forum, for two or three months until I left 3 weeks ago, precisely because people were worried by weather forecasts when we were often baking in the sun. The weather forecasts are based on mathematical models, and percentage probabilities, when it says rain or thunderstorms it just means there is a certain percentage chance of there being a shower or a thunderstorm somewhere in the area within the 24 hours.

When it does rain the showers, tend to be relatively short but torrential and they can be very localised, it can be raining on one beach and fine on another a few miles away. Any longer showers tend to be overnight.

The forecasts often frighten people that's why I started that thread to give feedback about what the weather is actually like rather than what the forecast says. Maybe I should start it up again for the Xmas / New Year period.

London UK
Level Contributor
22 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Whats the weather like in Ukunda

Hiya,

Thanks for your lovely reply. We have been often in November but never December. We don't usually bother to check forecasts and will probably not bother again. I thought it was a bit strange that every day shows possible storms in DEC!! We arrive Sat for three weeks!! can't wait.

Thanks again and I agree people do get put off by forecasts and the Somalia situation if they don't know the nature of the country as well as you. I often look at the forums but with such an expert as yourself my replies are hardly needed.

Linds.

Nairobi, Kenya
Level Contributor
3,755 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Whats the weather like in Ukunda

Climate-wise, December should be a better month than November altogether in terms of temperature and less rainfall.

BRISTOL
Level Contributor
3 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Whats the weather like in Ukunda

42 degrees - i never look at the forecast, it will show rain/showers when in fact there hasn't been any for days!

Mtwapa, Kenya
Destination Expert
for Barcelona, Newcastle upon Tyne, Bamburi, Mtwapa
Level Contributor
15,273 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Whats the weather like in Ukunda

❝42 degrees❞

Must have been a slip of the finger, it never gets to 42 degrees here (unless the thermometer is in direct sun)

We are currently having a daily high of around 32º with nightime lows in the mid-twenties.

BTW yesterday was another hot sunny day after some short cloudy spells in the morning on the Nyali - Mtwapa stretch of the North Coast, (I hear it rained in the morning in Mombasa town). Today has started beautifully

Edited: 17 December 2011, 06:01
6. Re: Whats the weather like in Ukunda

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 December 2012, 10:17