We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Malaria tablets brought in Kenya

kent
Level Contributor
50 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
Malaria tablets brought in Kenya

Hi we are travelling to mombassa on 26 October & would like to buy malorone tablets in Kenya can anyone tell me where is the nearest place to get these we are staying at the diani sae resort. Asante sana

South West England...
Destination Expert
for Mombasa, Diani Beach, Kenya
Level Contributor
7,202 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Malaria tablets brought in Kenya

Here's a link to a couple of previous posts on meds.....

tripadvisor.co.uk/…44415086

tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTopic-g294206-i9216-k5…

UK
Level Contributor
34 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Malaria tablets brought in Kenya

Does anyone know if it's safe for children above 9 years and if so is it the same 100mg tab per day ?

Mombasa, Kenya
Level Contributor
607 posts
Save Reply
13. Re: Malaria tablets brought in Kenya

UkVagabond,

Here is the manufacturer's information us.gsk.com/products/assets/us_malarone.pdf

However, always consult your doctor or nurse who are in the best position to advise based on individual health history, current medication taken and any other individual issues.

Have a safe and enjoyable trip to Kenya!

Larissa

Tijara Beach Hotel

nyc
Level Contributor
14,859 posts
Save Reply
14. Re: Malaria tablets brought in Kenya

There is a child's dosage of Malarone for those weighing in less than (I believe is) 45/lbs.

As others, you have to start taking any of the malaria meds - Malarone, Lariam or doxy - prior arrival in Kenya, so whichever you choose, be sure to purchase before departing on holiday. And then, once in-country you'll have to find a proper pharmacy or hospital for additional tabs, bearing in mind that each/any of these meds have different protocols... how many tabs needed, when to take while in-country, with food, and then once back home.

Personally though, I wouldn't mix what I'd purchase at home (US, UK etc) and what's available in Kenya.

UK
Level Contributor
34 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: Malaria tablets brought in Kenya

Thanks for the replies.

16. Re: Malaria tablets brought in Kenya

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 July 2014, 07:18
Get answers to your questions about Ukunda
Recent Conversations