We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Kilimanjaro and Mt Kenya

Which Moshi hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Calgary
1 post
Save Topic
Kilimanjaro and Mt Kenya

Hello,

I am heading to Kenya and Tanzania to climb/hike Mt Kenya and Kili. I was wondering if anyone had any experience with the companies

1)Kenya Safari Packages

2) Africa Heart Safaris

Any feedback or recommendations would be good. they seem friendly.

thanks

Greg

Moshi, Tanzania
Level Contributor
11 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Kilimanjaro and Mt Kenya

I have never heard of them but searched out their websites. They seem Ok, but most companies that offer tours in more than one country sub-contract the tours out to a company in each country (meaning extra money added as their profit). You may keep these companies in mind but also search out a company operating only in Tanzania to see if they can offer you a better price for the Tanzanian portion. Best of luck, I am sure that you will have a great adventure!

Winnipeg, Canada
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Kilimanjaro and Mt Kenya

I haven't heard of those either, but we went with Zara Tours. They are a local company & a large operation with experience. Everyone seemed very knowledgable. Our guide, Dickson Mboya even took the effort to take our vitals every day to make sure all was well. I highly recommend them.

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
731 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Kilimanjaro and Mt Kenya

I haven't heard of either.

I went with ET treks for Meru. You can see my write up about it

Also a good couple of climbing copanies that are family based in Tanzania are Base Camp, Maasai Wanderings and Team Kili

4. Re: Kilimanjaro and Mt Kenya

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 November 2010, 08:16