We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bus from Nairobi to Moshi

Which Moshi hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Albany, New York
Level Contributor
15 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Bus from Nairobi to Moshi

I was told there is something called The Riverside Shuttle from Nairobi to Moshi. I am wondering if you could tell me how safe it is? I am going to be on my own (27 yr old female) when I land in Nairobi and will likely stay the night in the city. I know it leaves at 8am and takes about 6 hours. My main concern is safety and any potential hassles/hazzards I might encounter at the boarder of Kenya and Tanzania.

Thanks!

Arusha, Tanzania
Level Contributor
642 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Bus from Nairobi to Moshi

River side is great shuttle operator, don't hesitate to use them.

Arusha, Tanzania
Level Contributor
642 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Bus from Nairobi to Moshi

River side is great shuttle operator, don't hesitate to use them.

Findlay, Ohio
Destination Expert
for Tanzania, Ngorongoro Conservation Area
Level Contributor
12,484 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Bus from Nairobi to Moshi

Riverside is as safe as any, there are always risks involved with vehicular travel in East Africa. You will most probably be hassled at the border, but not from the passport control or customs officials; rather you will most probably be hassled by Maasai women trying to sell you jewerly trinkets; they are difficult to avoid or get rid of.

Aussie
7 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Bus from Nairobi to Moshi

does anyone know if the bus can pick you up from the airport?

Findlay, Ohio
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
12,484 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Bus from Nairobi to Moshi

The shuttle buses stop at the Nairobi airport regularly.

Moshi
Level Contributor
20 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Bus from Nairobi to Moshi

The shuttle buses picks clients from Jomo Kenyatta international Aiport at about 7:00am and in the morning and at about 01:30pm in the afternoon. The bus has two pick ups everyday.

Findlay, Ohio
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
12,484 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Bus from Nairobi to Moshi

Bobby... this post is almost a year old, they have probably already arrived and went home by now.

8. Re: Bus from Nairobi to Moshi

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 December 2012, 10:16