We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Zebra Hotel - Moshi

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
21 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Zebra Hotel - Moshi

Hi, do you have any experience with the Zebra Hotel in Moshi?

Also, are there any good B&B type, small family owned accommodations in the center?

Thank you for your help!

Mentioned in this post
Zebra Hotel
Zebra Hotel
36 Reviews
Moshi, Tanzania
Chicago, Illinois
2 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Zebra Hotel - Moshi

I've stayed at the Stella Maris Lodge in Moshi. Nice B&B. Good staff. It's a non-profit that funds a school for the poor. Great views of Kilimanjaro when it comes out.

I've also stayed at the Leopard in downtown. Good food. Can be a bit noisy. Nice staff.

Never stayed at Zebra so wouldn't know how to compare.

Mentioned in this post
Stella Maris Lodge
Stella Maris Lodge
344 Reviews
Moshi, Tanzania
Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
21 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Zebra Hotel - Moshi

Thank you Stan!

Zurich, Switzerland
Level Contributor
33 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Zebra Hotel - Moshi

We have stayed at Zebra Hotel in Moshi (July 2011). Paid around 30 USD for the double room (with own bathroom). Simple (but clean) rooms and bathrooms, nice staff, breakfast average. Very convenient location in downtown.

Mentioned in this post
Zebra Hotel
Zebra Hotel
36 Reviews
Moshi, Tanzania
Bristol
Level Contributor
2,978 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Zebra Hotel - Moshi

We stayed at Honey Badger Lodge last October which is just outside the main town. It is owned by a lovely family who are very hospitable. They have a range of rooms available at varying prices. breakfast is included in the price but you can also have lunch and dinner if you want it. Food and rooms were very good value for money. It is a very friendly atmosphere there with everyone eating together. They also Have a swimming pool and bar area which is very welcome when the weather is hot. Prices vary.. We had one of their most expensive ensuite rooms at $60 for 2 people for bed and breakfast. Other rooms were cheaper. We are staying their again in April

Mentioned in this post
Honey Badger Lodge
Honey Badger Lodge
418 Reviews
Moshi, Tanzania
Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
21 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Zebra Hotel - Moshi

Thank you All, very helpful!

Findlay, Ohio
Destination Expert
for Tanzania, Ngorongoro Conservation Area
Level Contributor
12,485 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Zebra Hotel - Moshi

I stayed at the Zebra last year for several days. It was secure, clean (by Africa standards), had a decent breakfast which is included in the price, and a bar with cold beer. The rate was very reasonable. Several good local restaurants in the area.

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
21 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Zebra Hotel - Moshi

Thank you Karl! Do you have any recommendations for Arusha? Similar quality/price?

Findlay, Ohio
Destination Expert
for Tanzania, Ngorongoro Conservation Area
Level Contributor
12,485 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Zebra Hotel - Moshi

I sent you a PM suggesting the Arusha Centre Tourist Inn. In the city center, a good clean secure hotel. Cost is $35 a night including breakfast at their restaurant.

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
11,757 posts
153 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Zebra Hotel - Moshi

Timea1. In Arusha, I like and recommend the hotel flamingo. It is near the bus station, offers breakfast and close to local eateries. It is more a local guest house than Western hotel, but as a woman solo traveller, I was comfortable there. Reviews are in the Hotel section in TA.

10. Re: Zebra Hotel - Moshi

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 January 2014, 07:16