We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

The Grand Hotel,Kerkennah Isles

Cheshire
Level Contributor
4 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
The Grand Hotel,Kerkennah Isles

Does anyone know if this hotel is still open.Went there several times years ago...really loved it there..but Sfax airport closed ,so Panorama(who were the only tour operater who delat with this hotel )no longer did hols there.

If it is still open,does anyone jnow how one can get there,short of having to make ones way from Monastir.

Would so like to return there!

37 replies to this topic
Gosport, United...
Level Contributor
6,320 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
21. Re: The Grand Hotel,Kerkennah Isles

I've had to 'suffer' alcohol deprivation in places like Brunei and Saudi Arabia for expended periods.

It's surprising how quickly you get used to being 'dry', and come to enjoy the alternatives on offer.

england
Level Contributor
5,665 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
22. Re: The Grand Hotel,Kerkennah Isles

Hmmmm...

On vacation....Sitting by the pool with an alcohol free Vodka & Coke... Not sure if Id enjoy it as much.. lol.. Might try just for a couple of nights..

Expended.... You "dry" at the mo ? lol :-)

Edited: 13 February 2013, 17:38
Gosport, United...
Level Contributor
6,320 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
23. Re: The Grand Hotel,Kerkennah Isles

I was hoping no one would notice!

uk
Level Contributor
17 posts
Save Reply
24. Re: The Grand Hotel,Kerkennah Isles

Does anyone have a current email address for the Grand. I have emailed them on the ones I have and also tried ringing them but am getting no response to either. I am beginning to think they may be closed. Anyone got any updates? Thanks Fiona

england
Level Contributor
5,665 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
25. Re: The Grand Hotel,Kerkennah Isles

Hi Fiona sent you another PM...

Derbyshire
Level Contributor
80 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
26. Re: The Grand Hotel,Kerkennah Isles

Thank you for all the messages bout the Grand.I went quite a few times when my sons were young and with my ex-husband for our silver wedding in 1998 and have nt been back since.We loved it.Clean and simple with great service and now my adult children would like to re-visit however the lack of a snifter is a concern.I emailed and was told alcohol was available.i would missthe Haut Mornag with the Tunisian Stuffed Meat(Doigts de Fatma?) etc.happy memories of Saber.Kamel,Mokded,Souiss, Fycal and everyone:) Kerkennah Lover.from Derbyshire.

Birmingham, United...
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
27. Re: The Grand Hotel,Kerkennah Isles

Contact Tunisia First they will arrange flights and transport to the Port of Faxs and onto the hotel Tunisia First are based in the UK

28. Re: The Grand Hotel,Kerkennah Isles

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 08 August 2013, 19:27

Hastings, United...
Level Contributor
4 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
29. Re: The Grand Hotel,Kerkennah Isles

Has anyone used Tunisia First? Looking to go there just wanted to know how it went getting to the hotel and back.

Thanks

Watford, United...
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
30. Re: The Grand Hotel,Kerkennah Isles

Hotel Grand started serving alcohol on 1 april 2013. Local Brits say all okay there. 4 of us are going in May first time in 3 years - we have all been going to KK for 20 years and still miss sfax airport. we are hiring a car at Enfidha airport but Jalila at the grand will arrange transport for you. train from Tunis to Sfax is very good but need to link times with flights which can be difficult. Here's hoping it's as it always was. I know it's not busy like before but still love it - just to stand on balcony and look out at the sea is magic and all the staff are simply the best. rooms clean but old and if you want something extra just ask politely and they will

Reply to: The Grand Hotel,Kerkennah Isles
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Sfax
More Sfax Topics