We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

private guide and minivan rental

Which Guiyang hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
california
Level Contributor
21 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
private guide and minivan rental

Hello,

I will be in Guizhou Province, Guiyang from April 14th

to April 18th , 2011 ( 4 days ).

I am looking for an english speaking guide/driver + minivan rental.

My plan is to visit the Sisters' Meal Festival activities in Shidong

and Xijiang.

Can someone make a recommendation or point me to where

I can find the info. How much can I expect to pay

for this service. Thank you.

34 replies to this topic
Hangzhou, China
Level Contributor
58 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: private guide and minivan rental

Hi,

Guiyang is my hometown and I work in Hangzhou currently. But I'm willing to help you ask the related services and the fee you have to pay.

You just need English speaking guide/driver plus minivan rental for 4 days? How about your accommodation?

I will help you to ask if you offer me your accurate require.

Hangzhou, China
Level Contributor
58 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: private guide and minivan rental

Hi, have you already found guide and rental car?

I just got the news that the Festival may start from April 16th and ending on April 18 this year. Shidong Miao village near Taijiang will mainly celebrate the festival but it is not suggested to go there on the first day because the official presentation held by local government will be held. You can go there on April 17th or April 18th and spend the left days to explore Xijiang and Zhenyuan nearby.

Carson City, Nevada
Level Contributor
36 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: private guide and minivan rental

We are also traveling to this area and want to find a guide/driver to see the Miao Villages. We won't get there until around the 18th of April. We just started researching so would love sharing information. Please let us know if you have success finding someone, someplace to stay or general information.

I will get back to you if I learn anything interesting.

Carson City NV

Hangzhou, China
Level Contributor
58 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: private guide and minivan rental

If you want to find local agency to offer you driver and English guide, I can help you to contact. For the suggested places to go, Xijiang miao village(西江苗寨), the largest Hmong village is highly recommended and I can share with you the information. Actually, spending several days in southeast Guizhou is really an refreshed getaway to explore both the natural and ethnic charming.

Carson City, Nevada
Level Contributor
36 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: private guide and minivan rental

Yes, we would love your help. Who would you recommend as a driver or guide or agency to contact? We will be leaving the Guilin area.

Thanks, carsontravelbug

Hangzhou, China
Level Contributor
58 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: private guide and minivan rental

Hi,

I have sent you message.

Personally, I suggest you'd better adjust your schedule to arrive at April 17th or earlier so that you can enjoy the wonderful festival or you may regret to miss it.

Waiting for your reply^_^

7. Re: private guide and minivan rental

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 27 February 2011, 05:05

Sarasota, Florida
Level Contributor
149 posts
190 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: private guide and minivan rental

My husband and I will be traveling in the Guizhou area in mid April. I would like to be there for the sisters meal festival. We will be coming to that area from Kunming. Can you send me information regarding getting from Kunming to the Miao villages and a travel agent or ftour operator. Where is the best village for us to stay to see the festival?

thank you,

Rosemary Heller

Hangzhou, China
Level Contributor
58 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: private guide and minivan rental

Hi,

It is best to fly from Kunming to Guiyang and then start from Guiyang to view the amazing Sister Meal Festival, but also depends upon your expected stay traveling days because it is also some interesting places to view if you take bus from Kunming to Guiyang including Luoping and Xingyi.

I'll send you message about this festival because before I have help others to design it. ^_^

Guiyang, China
Level Contributor
108 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: private guide and minivan rental

Actually, in this year, the Sisters' Meal Festival will happen from April 17---19, while the peak time will be on April 18 and you will find more villagers attending the festival in the afternoon. For further more information, you are welcome to let me know and I coul help you.

Reply to: private guide and minivan rental
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Guiyang
More Guiyang Topics