We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Looking for a Guiyang guide for July 18 & 19

Glencoe, Illinois...
9 posts
Save Topic
Looking for a Guiyang guide for July 18 & 19

Hi,

My family is traveling to China this month. We will visit several cities. We are looking for someone in each of the cities to accompany us as we visit important places and help us learn about the culture. My son (20) has had 4 years of Chinese, and the remaining 3 of us speak no Chinese. We are not necessarily looking for a "professional guide". Someone who is enthusiastic, honest, and who has some command of English (doesn't have to be perfect!) would be great. Of course, we will pay for the person's time.

We will be in Guiyang on July 18 & 19.

To add to what I wrote above, a good choice will be someone fun and a little adventurous. If you have a car that will transport the 4 of us, that's great, but not necessary (we can hire a taxi).

Let me know if you are interested, or if you know someone who you can recommend! :)

Thanks,

Victor

Guiyang, China
Level Contributor
122 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Looking for a Guiyang guide for July 18 & 19

Just find your post here and find you are visiting Guiyang now. How is everything going? If any assistance, please let me know. Have a good time.

Glencoe, Illinois...
9 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Looking for a Guiyang guide for July 18 & 19

Hi, thanks for your message.

Yes, we're in Guiyang now and will be leaving on an overnight train to Kunming tonight.

Trip so far has been terrific.

Victor

Australia
Level Contributor
7 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Looking for a Guiyang guide for July 18 & 19

Hi Victor

Just wondering if you have any tips re Guiyang? We will have 3 days there next week with 3 children and wondering if you have any recommendations re sights or restaurants?

thanks

jo

Guiyang, China
Level Contributor
122 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Looking for a Guiyang guide for July 18 & 19

Hi, welcome to Guiyang. There are natural scenic spots such as Tianhetan scenic spot, Qialingshan Park, Qingyan Ancient Town in and around Guiyang. There are restaurants such as Kaili Suantangyu Restaurant, Vegetarian restaurant, etc. Have a good time.

Sydney
Level Contributor
5 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Looking for a Guiyang guide for July 18 & 19

Just commenting we have just been to Guiyang and had difficulty finding an English speaking guide and information about how to see the minority and ethnic groups around Kaili. We ended up using Chen Guanglien +8613985597139 or chen_guizhou@139.com who was fantastic. Not only did he speak great English but he had a wealth of knowledge about the ethnic groups, village life and everything we wanted to know about life in Guizhou and China. He was also able to organise a very safe driver for our tour. I know it is too late for your trip but i wanted to pass this on for others as there isn't much information and i found organising it very difficult. It would be good to take a few days to visit this very beautiful and interesting area that is off the western tourist track.

London, United...
Level Contributor
28 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Looking for a Guiyang guide for July 18 & 19

Hi - we are visiting this area next month and have been in contact with Chen through Synotrip and he has offered a tour from Guiyang to Guilin, taking in villages along the way and over three nights. How does this work - he comes as the guide, with driver? Can you offer any further information abut this? Are the mountain roads OK? What about the guesthouses? We are keen to do it - rather than fly from Guiyang to Guilin - but would like to know a bit more about what to expect. Obviously I'm going to ask him too!

7. Re: Looking for a Guiyang guide for July 18 & 19

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 March 2014, 14:43
Guiyang, China
4 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Looking for a Guiyang guide for July 18 & 19

My advice--fly to Guilin. Hope this would help you.

Guiyang, China
2 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Looking for a Guiyang guide for July 18 & 19

Dear Victor,

You can try to see www.alongdiscovery.com and contact Along for Guizhou tour.

Mandurah, Australia
Level Contributor
2 posts
223 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Looking for a Guiyang guide for July 18 & 19

thanks Sue

have just sent him an email

Maria Price

Get answers to your questions about Guiyang