We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Trains or buses from Hanoi to Nanning to Guilin

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
42 posts
24 reviews
Save Topic
Trains or buses from Hanoi to Nanning to Guilin

Hello Intrepid travelers. Has anyone made the journey by train or bus from Hanoi to Nanning and then on to Guilin lately? I know the info gets updated and am curious, as we are traveling to Hanoi at the beginning of February and want to travel up into China mid month, after Tet. Any advice is most appreciated.

Malaysia
Level Contributor
9,280 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Trains or buses from Hanoi to Nanning to Guilin

goto this ink

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g293924-i8595-k135…

1 post
Save Reply
2. Re: Trains or buses from Hanoi to Nanning to Guilin

Ya but this info is from 2007.

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
42 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Trains or buses from Hanoi to Nanning to Guilin

Ok, I can't speak of the train, but I definitely recommend against the bus from Nanning to Guilin. We were told by a travel agent in Guilin to take the bus and it was one of the worst travel experiences we have had. 10 hours, no bathroom, very little water (see: no bathroom) full and stinky bus (the China bus was worse than the Vietnam bus), long time crossing border, etc., and did I mention - 10 hours not the 6 hours he told us it would be. Later we were told by our hotel manager at the Elegance Diamond Hotel in Hanoi that there is a train that leaves Guilin in the morning, and they check your passport before you get on the train so you don't have to get off and cross the border then get back on. I highly recommend staying at the Elegance Diamond Hotel in Hanoi, and one of the many perks is that they will book this for you and then pick you up at the train station.

4. Re: Trains or buses from Hanoi to Nanning to Guilin

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 April 2014, 05:16