We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

GAndola in gulmarg

Chandigarh, India
12 posts
Save Topic
GAndola in gulmarg

We are planning is day trip to gulmarg from srinagar(a family of 4) by hiring a taxi

Kids keen to visit snow cover area and play there

Where we can see snow in in june in gulmarg. I heared its in 2nd phase of galdola ride.

If yes then how to reach to catch gandola pick up point and how much it cost to 1st phase and 2nd phase for a family of 2 adult and 2 childs

New Delhi, India
Level Contributor
27 posts
100 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: GAndola in gulmarg

I visited Phase-I on 1st June 2014. There was enough snow in Phase 1.

Check the rates at: http://gulmarggondola.com/gondola_tickets.php

Book online ticket in advance to avoid disappointment (remember that there is a lot of rush).

Edited: 04 June 2014, 12:20
Chandigarh, India
12 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: GAndola in gulmarg

thanks for the information....If you could guide us that ..online shows gandola tikcet phase 1 Gulmarg to Kungdoor is Rs 600 ..is this a return tikcet??

India
Destination Expert
for Shimla, Manali, Kashmir, Shillong, Sikkim, Uttarakhand, Puri, Darjeeling, Kolkata (Calcutta), Himachal Pradesh, Srinagar, Dalhousie, India, Ladakh, Leh
Level Contributor
39,340 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: GAndola in gulmarg

Ticket for first phase is Rs.600 and 800 for second phase. Both the tickets are for round trip.

Edited: 04 June 2014, 16:09
Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
2 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: GAndola in gulmarg

Go early at 8 am to avoid rush. paying 600 rs to agents gives you ticket faster, Online tickets have a longer line as boarding pass needs to be collected

Canton of Aargau...
Destination Expert
for Darjeeling, Sikkim, Meghalaya
Level Contributor
1,451 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: GAndola in gulmarg

Hi Hardyalsingh,

I have shared certain inputs on Gulmarg Gondola, based out of my experience today. Please check the forums. Hope this helps.

Thanks

Deb

Mentioned in this post
Gulmarg Gondola
Gulmarg Gondola
2,789 Reviews
Gulmarg, India
New Delhi, India
Level Contributor
1,530 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: GAndola in gulmarg

good inputs on gondola by debdut.but gondola itself is a great example of engineering.

7. Re: GAndola in gulmarg

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 June 2015, 05:15