We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best time of day to visit Dargah?

Alexandria, Egypt
4 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Best time of day to visit Dargah?

Hi,

I would like to visit Dargah in Ajmer, and in particular would like to hear Qawwalis. What time should I go? Someone in Pushkar told me that Qawwalis are performed from 11 AM to 1 PM, but the guidebook says in the evenings. Does anyone know?

Thanks!

Jodhpur, India
Level Contributor
672 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Best time of day to visit Dargah?

Actually it goes on whole day. From 11 till Night. In the evening its like lots of people come over to perform Qawwalis and it is kind of crowded in the evening.

Jaipur, India
Level Contributor
2,351 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best time of day to visit Dargah?

Dargah will be closed from 01:00 Pm to 04:30 PM, you can go rest of the time.

Alexandria, Egypt
4 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Best time of day to visit Dargah?

Thanks to both of you for your responses!

Mumbai (Bombay...
Level Contributor
173 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Best time of day to visit Dargah?

Qawwalis are best from 7.00-11.00 pm many performs from different parts of the world.

Pune, India
1 post
Save Reply
5. Re: Best time of day to visit Dargah?

My family would like to visit the dargah from delhi. What would be the best way to travel and back in one day?

Jaipur, India
Level Contributor
112 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Best time of day to visit Dargah?

To avoid crowd please visit on Monday-Tues and Wednesday in afternoon.

The best way would be train .

7. Re: Best time of day to visit Dargah?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 November 2015, 20:15