We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Transiting at Balikpapan airport

Jakarta, Indonesia
Level Contributor
19 posts
165 reviews
Save Topic
Transiting at Balikpapan airport

Hi,

I'm wondering if anyone is familiar with transiting between domestic flights in Balikpapan airport. Our Garuda flight from Berau is scheduled to arrive in Balikpapan at 16.35, while our connecting flight to Jakarta with Sriwijaya is scheduled to depart Balikpapan at 17.40. This would allow us 65 minutes of transit time in Balikpapan which I think is pretty tight but still possible provided the Garuda flight arrives on time and we do not have checked in luggage. Does this transit arrangement sound safe? We have never used Balikpapan airport before and would appreciate if anyone familiar with the airport could tell us whether 65 minutes is good enough for a transit, that is: to get off the plane, exit the arrival hall, make a dash to the departures (I assume it's walkable?), check in for the Sriwijaya flight, and make our way to the boarding gate.

Thanks!

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
509 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Transiting at Balikpapan airport

Yes it is safe if not much delay. Sriwijaya is in the same terminal as Garuda and the arrival and departure hall is just 2-3 mins walk away.

Check in for domestic flight usually closes 30 mins before scheduled flight. though i have actually been allowed to get in even with only 15 mins to go.

from check in counter to boarding gate, its probably a 30sec walk. Just that you have to purchase airport tax (which should not take more than 1 min) for your Sriwijaya flight.

Jakarta, Indonesia
Level Contributor
19 posts
165 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Transiting at Balikpapan airport

Thanks Winston. Am more optimistic about the arrangement now. Keeping my fingers crossed that the incoming flight does not get delayed :)

3. Re: Transiting at Balikpapan airport

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 July 2015, 07:15
Get answers to your questions about Balikpapan