We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bali to East Java

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
239 posts
210 reviews
Save Topic
Bali to East Java

Is it possible to go from Surna Bali to east Java to see the crater then back again in one very long day? Are there tour operators who will do this? Am staying in a timeshare for a week in Surna Bali and would just like to take the ferry and see the crater then return. I know it's a couple hours to just get to the ferry in Bali, but one very long day would be fine. Please advise. Thanks!

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
239 posts
210 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Bali to East Java

BTW... I made a mistake. I will be staying in Sanur Bali for the week and would like to know if a day trip is possible from there. Thanks

Denpasar, Indonesia
Level Contributor
261 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Bali to East Java

Hii which creter in east Java you would like to see .. Ijen or Bromo ?

Ijen will just take at least 5 hours drive including ferry from Sanur .

Bromo this will be long trip , you will need 10 hours ( approxs) from Sanur to get to Bromo start poin tour .

As soon as you arrive there the local guide will take you to the creter using jeep ( 4 wheel drive ) . Either Bromo or Ijen usually start from 4 am from start point , and arrrive at the creter during the sunrise ..

For Bromo trip you can't do in one long day trip , at least you will need to stay over night there . Start from 7 am from Sanur and will arrive there around 5 - 6 pm , check in one night and get ready to start at 4 am in the next day for creter trip .

3. Re: Bali to East Java

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 24 February 2014, 21:05
jakarta
Level Contributor
666 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Bali to East Java

If you start very early morning to Mt. Ijen by private tour is possible but you miss blue fire.

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
239 posts
210 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Bali to East Java

Please message me if you know of any private guides you can recommend or tour companies who can provide a guide from point to point.. Don't care for a 4 am start so missing blue fire OK. Would like to know how to have a guide for this and back from Bali for a full day excursion.

jakarta
Level Contributor
666 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Bali to East Java

Private tour I mean hire car+driver. Make sure the driver from Bali already have this experience driving to Mt. Ijen. He will know to go there via Banyuwangi-Licin-Paltuding. Then for the last part you walk about 3km to the top. I did this trip Paltuding-Licin-Banyuwangi and the road not good condition. But I read recently the road condition improve much.

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
239 posts
210 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Bali to East Java

Thanks much... guess I will just check things iytw when I am in Bali.

jakarta
Level Contributor
666 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Bali to East Java

That is correct. You can check condition of cars, talk to the drivers and negotiate price.

9. Re: Bali to East Java

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 November 2014, 21:07
10. Re: Bali to East Java

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 May 2015, 05:15