We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Aceh holiday in June

Petaling Jaya...
Level Contributor
13 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Aceh holiday in June

Hi All,

I'm planning to go to Aceh in June with 3 other friends. It's a toss between island or highland (laut tawar lake). I'm going to be there from 13 June to 17 June (5 days). Any recommendation for a clean budget stay? I can't seem to find any near the lake.

Thanks,

Lai Chee

9 replies to this topic
jakarta
Level Contributor
666 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Aceh holiday in June

Hi LaiChee. You can google Renggali hotel Takengon and if you can read Malay, check botsosani's blog Banyak jalan menuju Takengon.

Petaling Jaya...
Level Contributor
13 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Aceh holiday in June

Hi Sambal G! Thanks for the reply. I did check out botsosani's blog. Now I really feel like going to Takengon. My concern is getting transport to Takengon and back to airport. As in most country, I'm sure the taxi driver at the airport would make me pay triple the right amount for the fare. I hate haggling. Do you know any reputable tour/transportation company that I can arrange with using the internet? Thanks!

jakarta
Level Contributor
666 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Aceh holiday in June

I only take bus or travel when traveling long distances in Aceh. From Banda Aceh airport take taxi to the bus terminal. Then take travel L300 to Takengon. If you want the contact number for a car+driver in Banda Aceh, PM me. If from Medan, google CV Merpati or email merpati_tour@yahoo.com

Australia
Level Contributor
2,017 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Aceh holiday in June

HI LaiChee,

There are public buses from Banda Aceh to Takengon and return.

Trip takes 8-9 hrs on a very good road from my experience in Nov 2006.

Hotel Rengallie is right by the Danau Tawar, but run down and expensive for what they offer and about 3kms from the main town.

There is a home stay called BATANG RUANG in the main town which by all accounts from other travellers is a pleasant place to stay.

Address: Jalan Mahkamah 7.

Pamela.

Australia
Level Contributor
2,017 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Aceh holiday in June

Hi LaiChee,

Here is a link with a few more details for Batang Ruang i.e mobile no.

indonesia.travel/en/destination/495/takengon

Pamela

Edited: 29 January 2014, 23:24
jakarta
Level Contributor
666 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Aceh holiday in June

Maybe more convenient and not very expensive to hire private car+driver from airport to Takengon directly if there are 4 passengers. When you reach Takengon in about 7 hours you can check out the available accommodations to suit you. If you have private transport, the driver will drive you around Takengon to look at the different accommodations. Since you speak Malay, you wont have much difficulties in Aceh with communications.

Petaling Jaya...
Level Contributor
13 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Aceh holiday in June

Hi Pamela. Thanks for the info! I did my trip to Padang following your suggested itinerary and it was AWESOME! So I trust your judgement. You think it's worthwhile to go to Takengan? Is the place similar to Lake Meninjau, Padang? Coz I really love Lake Meninjau!

Sambal G, I already PM you.

8. Re: Aceh holiday in June

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 12 March 2014, 09:05

9. Re: Aceh holiday in June

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 12 March 2014, 09:05

Reply to: Aceh holiday in June
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Banda Aceh