We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

E-bike in Bagan

Panjim, India
Level Contributor
54 posts
4 reviews
E-bike in Bagan

I shall be traveling to Bagan during mid February and intend exploiting the temples on e-bike.

Can someone advise me if international driving licence is required for e-bike riding in Bagan.

Can two people fit one one bike?

Can e-bikes be hired in Inle lake area too?

Thanks.

24 replies to this topic
Den Haag
Level Contributor
2,298 posts
5 reviews
1. Re: E-bike in Bagan

No international driving licence is required. Sure 2 people can drive a bike .... very difficult on soft sand though. Better to hire the most powerful one, the Taiyuan brand.

Inle lake has plenty of bicycles but no e-bikes. Its pleasant cool weather for bicycling.

Bagan, Myanmar
Level Contributor
16 posts
13 reviews
2. Re: E-bike in Bagan

E-Bikes in Bagan is quiet helpful to you and no License required for you to drive it. But you need to be careful with it has small wheels on Paved and soft Sand part. Make sure you ask the rentals to provide the helmets for you. Most E-Bikes have a long term Bettary to hold for two enough but it has 30 KMs range only. The rentals will tell you exactly how to drive and it costs Miximum 8000 MMKs to 10,000 MMKs.

Panjim, India
Level Contributor
54 posts
4 reviews
3. Re: E-bike in Bagan

Thanks Rolf S and wallace t for your prompt replies.

Old Windsor, United...
Level Contributor
13 posts
102 reviews
4. Re: E-bike in Bagan

It has been mentioned the "Taiyuan brand". I suppose they are more expensive but cost aside do they have a longer battery life? Can they go anywhere in the area? bigger wheels?

Can these be rented at the hotel or once inside the archaeological area?

One last question. I plan on going to Pakokku. Is an e-bike adequate for this? I mean will the battery last for the back and forth trip?

Den Haag
Level Contributor
2,298 posts
5 reviews
5. Re: E-bike in Bagan

Same size wheels but it looks larger and has a bigger battery and range. Cost for Taiyuan is 8000 kyat and for the smaller chinese brand 6000 kyat. Some hotels rent them and also many independant shops.

Pakokku is too far away, about 35 - 45 km. The range of the ebike is 40 km maximum so you could go only one way and no, they dont have a charger on board. Strickly meant for local use in the Bagan zone.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
10 posts
10 reviews
6. Re: E-bike in Bagan

I know hot to ride a bicycle, do I have difficulty to ride on E bike?

Myanmar
Level Contributor
16 posts
7. Re: E-bike in Bagan

No difficulty to ride Ebike at all. Bring sunscreen and suitable clothes to protect sunburn.

Langhorne...
Level Contributor
350 posts
51 reviews
8. Re: E-bike in Bagan

have a read if you like

http://globetrotme.com/bagan-e-bike/

Langhorne...
Level Contributor
350 posts
51 reviews
9. Re: E-bike in Bagan

hmm. #8 was a link to my personal website detailing the e-bike experience at bagan. curious why it has been removed. could someone from tripadvisor kindly inform me why?

the rules for removal, as stated below, did not apply to my post.

"Links to external websites, such as hotel websites or personal blogs, that are not relevant to the topic and are used purely for promotional purposes will be removed"

thank you!

Edited: 29 January 2018, 16:48
Warks.England
Destination Expert
for Myanmar, Yangon (Rangoon), Ngapali, Tossa de Mar
Level Contributor
17,700 posts
404 reviews
10. Re: E-bike in Bagan

No idea

It takes AT least 3 separate folks to get a post flagged for removal.

I didn't read your post #8, so perhaps post the link again

SS

Reply to: E-bike in Bagan
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted