We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ban from climbing temple to see sunrise

Kuala Lumpur...
Level Contributor
16 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Ban from climbing temple to see sunrise

My travel agent just informed me that the authority has banned climbing Shwesandaw Pagoda for sunrise with effect from this morning. Would appreciate some update on this from TA community if possible. Thank you in advance.

22 replies to this topic
Yangon (Rangoon...
Level Contributor
1,103 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Ban from climbing temple to see sunrise

Very update. Last night rain broke piece of east wing of Shwesandaw. Not safe now. More than 1000yrs old, My Friend. Think the wearness. Suggest to view SS or SR over the elevated mounts and embankments. Watched myself and very same and gorgeous. Otherwise go pagoda no. 1810 near Htilominlo temple. Not as high as SSD but still great.

KP

Edited: 19 October 2017, 11:05
Kuala Lumpur...
Level Contributor
16 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Ban from climbing temple to see sunrise

Thank you KP for the updated info.

My agent suggested viewing from a hill between the south & east of Sulamani Pagoda, is that a good place?

Since Shwesandaw Pagoda is ban, can we still climb other pagoda for sunrise/sunset?

Thank you again for info.

Myanmar
Level Contributor
475 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Ban from climbing temple to see sunrise

Almost all the temples and pagodas are prohibited to climb up during this period. Not sure to have chance to watch sunrise or sunset from a temples.

Yangon (Rangoon...
Level Contributor
1,103 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Ban from climbing temple to see sunrise

Hi Michelle,

Yes, that hill I meant, with a small pond. Parking lots for both cars and Bikes as well. We holidayed last week, no one AT ALL, no one. But now, fewer sunset points left, maybe some noticed there.

KP

5. Re: Ban from climbing temple to see sunrise

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 20 October 2017, 22:38
Edited: 20 October 2017, 22:38

Austria
Level Contributor
501 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Ban from climbing temple to see sunrise

you just need a good guide

https://www.tripsavvy.com/bagan-best-temples…

(Shwesandaw Pagoda, Pyathard Gyi Temple, South Gunni, North Gunni and Thitsa Wadi.)

https:/…73624158

mywanderlist.com/2013/…

for climbing up - bulethi pagoda,

phyathagy pagoda,

north gunni,

pagoda 100m west of dhammayazika,

shwegugy near thatbinyu.

Austria
Level Contributor
501 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Ban from climbing temple to see sunrise

every time i add a post, some words are changed, instead of tripadvisor it appears the word stumbled, instead of guni-the word illustration, instead of bago -the word new-instead --sein pann appears his pann, and so on, is there a bug on tripadvisor, or is it on my own pc?

Den Haag
Level Contributor
2,225 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Ban from climbing temple to see sunrise

Must be autocorrect on your PC, Heinrich. Ttripadvisor only adds the HTTP links and some names, like the Shwesandaw pagoda.

United Kingdom
Level Contributor
7,664 posts
156 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Ban from climbing temple to see sunrise

My iPad has auto correct, so I have same problem, you should be able to stop it you want. But I agree for some sites it is a nuisance. Not a bug.

Kuala Lumpur...
Level Contributor
16 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: Ban from climbing temple to see sunrise

Thank you everyone for the most useful information, really appreciate it!

Reply to: Ban from climbing temple to see sunrise
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Bagan