We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

50USD taxi from Bagan to Mandalay

London, United...
Level Contributor
4 posts
55 reviews
50USD taxi from Bagan to Mandalay

Dear T/A's,

I have to let you all know of a cheap taxi service from Bagan to Mandalay. The price was 50USD in a very nice clean car (this is the complete price not 50USD each person) . We found Nyo Nyo on the high street in Bagan his number is 09-402560779, his company is called EVER SMILE and our driver was called Aung Aung. We stopped off only once for something to eat as we left Bagan at 4pm and we arrived in Mandalay 8pm.for a safe and comfortable journey door to door I highly recommend HIM. It's a much better price than the hotel which was 135USD or the other companies which where 120-125 USD.

12 replies to this topic
Yangon (Rangoon...
Level Contributor
1 post
26 reviews
1. Re: 50USD taxi from Bagan to Mandalay

Hey, Thank you so much for the tip. I just called him for my trip.

He is very honest and helpful. Also asking the same price $50 for one way trip from Bagan to Mandalay as well.

I think that is very reasonable because all the car rent asked for over $300.

And i booked one full day trip in Bagan and he only asked $30.

Thank you so much. Best advise ever!!!!!!

Cebu City...
Level Contributor
11 posts
7 reviews
2. Re: 50USD taxi from Bagan to Mandalay

Hi, I am wondering if he has an email.? I am visiting Bagan by next year April and wanted to secure everything ahead of time. I wonder also if how much would it cost for him for the Mt.Popa Tour. Thanks!

London, United...
Level Contributor
4 posts
55 reviews
3. Re: 50USD taxi from Bagan to Mandalay

I'm not sure if he has email, but when I found him that night we booked the taxi for the next day at 4pm,so he can do last minute. I think he charges a little extra if going to Mandalay via Mt Popa. And if it's just a taxi to see Mt Popa I doubt he will be much. He's by far the cheapest taxi station in Bagan! Hope that helps.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
1 post
3 reviews
4. Re: 50USD taxi from Bagan to Mandalay

I also used his service after seeing this post. He charged 75,000mmk which is the equivalent of 50 usd. He wanted me to give him 50% deposit the day before the trip. I wansnt very comfortable so negotiated to pay in full on the day. He and the driver came 15 mins early. Took me back to mandalay city center. Ride was smooth 3 hr and 20 mins. But the driver didnt give a washroom break for the entire ride (fortunately we didnt really need it). All in all good service. I also used tripadvisor private hire service from mandalay to bagan. Their car is nicer but Nyo Nyos service is cheaper. Thanks for recommending.

Edited: 21 September 2018, 10:46
Pantin, France
Destination Expert
for Myanmar
Level Contributor
852 posts
62 reviews
5. Re: 50USD taxi from Bagan to Mandalay

That is a really good price. Good to know the contact. Thanks for sharing

Mandalay, Myanmar
Destination Expert
for Mandalay Region, Myanmar
Level Contributor
2,475 posts
52 reviews
6. Re: 50USD taxi from Bagan to Mandalay

Good Rate!

Level Contributor
34 posts
4 reviews
7. Re: 50USD taxi from Bagan to Mandalay

50$ is normal price for the taxi driver . You can also do Monywa sightseeing on the way to Bagan . It is engouh for one day trip. Leave from Mandalay around 7:00am . It will be 120$ for (MANDALAY TO Monywa Sightseeing and then drop at Bagan ) . I know the price cos i am also taxi driver from Mandalay

Level Contributor
19 posts
2 reviews
8. Re: 50USD taxi from Bagan to Mandalay

So maybe $50 is the normal price and the expensive ones are just trying to rip off tourists ?

United Kingdom
Level Contributor
7,766 posts
156 reviews
9. Re: 50USD taxi from Bagan to Mandalay

Tourists often pay more, the bus fares are still local and tourist prices. Trains were until fairly recently. Not sure what locals pay for taxis, read they pay about half what tourists pay for share-taxis.

Mandalay, Myanmar
Destination Expert
for Mandalay Region, Myanmar
Level Contributor
2,475 posts
52 reviews
10. Re: 50USD taxi from Bagan to Mandalay

50$ is not really private taxi price from Mandalay to Bagan! It's normally over 100$ for Comfortable Tour-Graded Modern Car with air-coned and English Speaking Driver!

Distance from Bagan to Mandalay = 179 Km

Distance from Bagan to Monywa = 152 Km

Distance from Bagan to Meiktila = 157 Km

Distance from Bagan to Magway = 151 Km

Why they can't take 50$ from Bagan to These Destinations ? Because there are no share taxi on these routes!

Reply to: 50USD taxi from Bagan to Mandalay
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted