We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bus from Mandalay to Bagan

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
48 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Bus from Mandalay to Bagan

Hi all

I want to take over night bus from mandalay to bagan for saving time and money.

Do you know what its rate?

Becasue I will go to mandalay from Yangon by bus too, so is it possible to buy the bus ticket as soon as I arrive in Mandalay bus station?

The last question is where the bus from Mandalay to bus will stop?

Becasue Bagan has Old Bagan, New Bagan and nyaung u, I surely want to take one bus which stop in Nyaung U~~~~~

Mentioned in this post
Yangon (Rangoon)
Yangon (Rangoon)
Yangon Region, Myanmar
Mandalay
Mandalay
Mandalay Region, Myanmar
Bagan
Bagan
Mandalay Region, Myanmar
Nyaung U
Nyaung U
Bagan, Myanmar
Yangon
Level Contributor
376 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Bus from Mandalay to Bagan

ananda-travel.com/UK/myanmar_bus_fares_uk.htm

pls check the link , it is not my agency

thx

Yangon, Myanmar
Destination Expert
for Myanmar, Yangon (Rangoon)
Level Contributor
1,089 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Bus from Mandalay to Bagan

There are daily buses both morning and evening. It'll cost 8-10,000 Kyats. All stop at Nyaung U but some goes up to new Bagan. You can do as soon as you arrive to highway bus station at MDY. Otherwise ask your hotel to do that by paying a little more.

Mentioned in this post
Nyaung U
Nyaung U
Bagan, Myanmar
Bagan
Bagan
Mandalay Region, Myanmar
Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
676 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Bus from Mandalay to Bagan

According to Hotels, there are only 2 buses from Mandalay to Bagan; 8.30 am and 4.30 am.

My hotel tell me is 7500 a ticket plus 700 service charge but another hotel asked for 11,000 no service charge and claimed that the 7500 ticket is a different bus that takes in locals while the 11,000 tickets isa better bus for foreigners, can anyone verify it ?

Mentioned in this post
Mandalay
Mandalay
Mandalay Region, Myanmar
Bagan
Bagan
Mandalay Region, Myanmar
Bangkok, Thailand
Level Contributor
1 post
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Bus from Mandalay to Bagan

meaning i can take a night bus from mandalay to bagan, right? in that way i can save time and money. thanks

5. Re: Bus from Mandalay to Bagan

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 November 2013, 10:18