We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

River Cruise from Bagan to Mandalay?

Which Bagan hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Washington DC...
Level Contributor
10 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
River Cruise from Bagan to Mandalay?

Any recommendations for an affordable river cruise from Bagan to Mandalay?

Yangon, Myanmar
Destination Expert
for Myanmar, Yangon (Rangoon)
Level Contributor
1,016 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: River Cruise from Bagan to Mandalay?

As far as I know there are only 3, RV Paukan, Amara Cruise and Irrawaddy Princess. Irrawaddy is the cheapest among them.

I think RV Pandaw and RTM do not operate short trip.

Colden, New York
Level Contributor
2,647 posts
178 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: River Cruise from Bagan to Mandalay?

For a basic, no frills journey from Bagan to Mandaly which takes several hrs. you can check out www.myanmarrivercruises.com

We will be taking the Shwe Keinnery from Bagan to Mandalay. Cost is $40 per person which includes a continental style breakfast.

On the website there are other boats mentioned that you can check to see if anything else suits you but I think the SK is maybe the only budget one from Bagan to Mandalay as you are going up river. Maybe the Malikha?

uk
Level Contributor
162 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: River Cruise from Bagan to Mandalay?

OP , can you clarify what you are looking for ? A several day live aboard cruise stopping at places on the way ? Or a boat to get you from a to b in a day ?

Edited: 21 August 2013, 20:57
Washington DC...
Level Contributor
10 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: River Cruise from Bagan to Mandalay?

Specifically a point A to point B type trip, overnight is OK but mainly looking to get from Bagan to Mandalay along the river without breaking the travel budget.

chris45ny, thank you for the info, it looks like I might be using the same boat!

Yangon (Rangoon...
Level Contributor
66 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: River Cruise from Bagan to Mandalay?

Now I know 2 river cruise . Shwe Keinnery and Malikha . Both are until end of September sail by schedule . Shwe Keinnery schedule for August is Bagan to Mandalay every Sun/ Wed/ Friday , Mandalay to Bagan every Tue/ Thur/ Saturday . Fare is 40 US/pet including breakfast on boat . For September Bagan to Mandalay September 4/6/8/11/13/15/18/20/22/25/27/29 , Mandalay to Bagan 3/5/7/10/12/14/17/19/21/24/26/28 . I don't know detail for Malikha . But both will sail daily start 1st. October .

Quezon City...
12 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: River Cruise from Bagan to Mandalay?

How long does the river cruise take? Is the trip scenic?

Warks.England
Destination Expert
for Myanmar, Yangon (Rangoon), Ngapali, Tossa de Mar
Level Contributor
14,734 posts
356 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: River Cruise from Bagan to Mandalay?

12 hours by ferry or 2to3 days by cruise boat

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
133 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: River Cruise from Bagan to Mandalay?

We did this trip last November from Bagan to Mandalay. It was an early start, around 5:30am with arrival at approx. 6:00pm. It was very relaxing and quite enjoyable. Plenty to see as the boat winds its way up river. Bonus of a bar that charged reasonable prices as well.

9. Re: River Cruise from Bagan to Mandalay?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 September 2014, 15:10
10. Re: River Cruise from Bagan to Mandalay?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 September 2015, 06:16