We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

taxi from Bagan airport to Old Bagan hotel

Miami
Level Contributor
64 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
taxi from Bagan airport to Old Bagan hotel

Hello

I will arriving to Bagan from Yangon on Air Mandalay around 7:50 am

Is it easy to find a taxi at Bagan Airport at that time in the morning?

We a party of 3

How much should we pay for the ride between Bagan Airport and Old Bagan.

Thank you

Warks.England
Destination Expert
for Myanmar, Yangon (Rangoon), Ngapali, Tossa de Mar
Level Contributor
15,174 posts
368 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: taxi from Bagan airport to Old Bagan hotel

That is the busiest time of the morning-it is rush hour on the runway.

Loads of taxis,it is meant to be fixed price but negotiate before you get in.I paid 5000kyat there and 10000kyat back in February.

SS

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
14 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: taxi from Bagan airport to Old Bagan hotel

We had booked Mr Win for transfers and to be our guide and driver. He was fantastic in every aspect. - informative, reliable, friendly and went out of his way to make our stay very special. He charged 6,000 kyats each way. Highly recommend

Nyunt Win <thirigm.unw@gmail.com

Coventry
Level Contributor
16 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: taxi from Bagan airport to Old Bagan hotel

I remember this being one of the easiest places to get a taxi there are plenty of taxis and it is a small airport. Ask to see the car first if you want to make sure you will fit okay, but most seemed to be quite old.

There is a sign that shows you what the rate is and the driver will point to that. I remember our return journey was organised through our pony driver and we negotiated it lower than the way out.

We were there last October. Enjoy

Yangon (Rangoon...
Level Contributor
126 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: taxi from Bagan airport to Old Bagan hotel

I think you can get a taxi at that time

5. Re: taxi from Bagan airport to Old Bagan hotel

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 October 2014, 05:17