We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tour operator

Which Bagan hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Doha, Qatar
Level Contributor
2 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Tour operator

As a fit 62 year old single woman traveling alone I chose Gandawun Shwe Bagan to organize my 7 day mid budget trip. They were superb in every way. Prompt and efficient with excellent guides and hotels. They responded to all my emails quickly and their prices were good. Their promotional material was rather uninspiring but don't let that put you off. I had a brilliant trip and have fallen in love with Myanmar and it's people.

Edited: 26 October 2015, 05:40
Warks.England
Destination Expert
for Myanmar, Yangon (Rangoon), Ngapali, Tossa de Mar
Level Contributor
14,432 posts
350 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Tour operator

Thanks Gillian.

I have a long weekend planned in Doha on the way to Yangon so I may be seeking advice from you,also please do not forget to post your reviews.

SS

How was the Qatar flight to Yangon?

Washington DC...
Level Contributor
27 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Tour operator

I am also considering booking a Myanmar tour through Gandawun Shwe Bagan. I am also a solo female traveler, and so I am very grateful for this review. It is true that their website is not as snazzy and other agents', but I am glad to hear that their on-the-ground guides are great. So far, Mr. Nay Saw Aung has been extremely prompt in his email replies to me.

One thing, though-- I notice that their policy is not to reveal the name of the domestic airlines until after you have booked your tour. This makes me nervous! Which airlines do they use? Why do they have this policy?

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
966 posts
162 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Tour operator

We have booked with them for January next year and we are flying with Yagnon and Air Mandalay,

Kat

Warks.England
Destination Expert
for Myanmar, Yangon (Rangoon), Ngapali, Tossa de Mar
Level Contributor
14,432 posts
350 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Tour operator

travelgirl.

I never know which airline I am travelling on until a couple of weeks before I travel-the Agent books the best timing at a competitive price and I leave it to them.

Up to now I have flown on Air Bagan, Yangon Air, Air Mandalay, Air KBZ and Asian Wings.

Who knows who I will be flying on in December- it's quite exciting!.....

SS

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
11 posts
113 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Tour operator

My friend and I just finished a 10 day trip in Myanmar with them. Excellent service from guides in all 4 areas, they met us at airport in every place we visited and hotels were really nice. Spent about an extra 150USD besides tour fee for food, souvenirs and entrance/zone/camera feeS etc.

We flew Yangon Airways for all three sectors.

6. Re: Tour operator

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 25 October 2015, 20:05