We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Trip to naran kaghan

Lahore, Pakistan
1 post
Save Topic
Trip to naran kaghan

hi guys,

I am planning to visit naran kaghan in next few days via car ( corolla ) .Starting point is Lahore. Can any one please tell me the safe route to reach naran kaghan? and are these areas accessible as i heard few roads are still block?

Thanks

36 replies to this topic
Peshawar, Pakistan
Level Contributor
420 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Trip to naran kaghan

Hi,

The most authentic information you'd get once you arrive in Balakot, but I'd not suggest you to take that car to Naran, Kaghan because due to slides the roads are blocked usually.

Ciao,

Imran Schah

Peshawar, Pakistan
Level Contributor
420 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Trip to naran kaghan

NHA's planning to open Babusar pass to connect Gilgit-Baltistan through the pass, the shortest and most scenic route.

Saskatchewan, Canada
Level Contributor
1,808 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Trip to naran kaghan

hi jay-eem,

of course you can go with crolla car up to Naran, the road condition is completly safe and restored after flooding.

HT (destination expert for Pakistan)

Peshawar, Pakistan
Level Contributor
420 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Trip to naran kaghan

Bonjour,

The roads'd been bad ever-since 2005 but worsened after last year's inundations in the area and all over Pakistan.

You could go with your car but you better keep in mind, in case of slide you'd get stuck there along with your car, however, the 4x4 cars are good at such roads.

Keep my 2 cents dear.

Rab Rakha..

5. Re: Trip to naran kaghan

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guideline with regards to harassment of another user. We will remove messages that include personal attacks or hostility directed at an individual user or group of users, threatening language or attempts to force a user to discontinue participation on our forums.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 May 2011, 15:27

6. Re: Trip to naran kaghan

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guideline with regards to harassment of another user. We will remove messages that include personal attacks or hostility directed at an individual user or group of users, threatening language or attempts to force a user to discontinue participation on our forums.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 May 2011, 15:27

Saskatchewan, Canada
Level Contributor
1,808 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Trip to naran kaghan

is this is attitude, better not to discuss about it here....

Jay_eem, i hitting said road in the season every year and is quite safe can drive by your crolla car

Happy Travels!

HT

Peshawar, Pakistan
Level Contributor
420 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Trip to naran kaghan

Hi,

Every year when we travel on Kaghan, Naran road, it's mostly under slides and blocked, we all know about that.

NHA's not as active as FWO on KKH, so better to do your homework before making an excursion to Naran in your own car.

Allah beli..

Saskatchewan, Canada
Level Contributor
1,808 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Trip to naran kaghan

I do traveling every month since many years in summer and always prefer to go via Naran & Kaghan, makes very shortest drive to enter mountain kingdom of Gilgit-Baltistan.

The term NHA and FWO make the sense which one is biggest organization for the country. FWO is active only KKH but NHA is with in whole country.

Of course you can only drive by crolla car to Naran and even to Julkhad. Entgire day excursion will be totally on 4x4 jeeps. If you want to go for Shogran which is another side excursion from Kuwai but will recommed you to spend at one day.

Thanks

Peshawar, Pakistan
Level Contributor
420 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Trip to naran kaghan

Bonjour from Peshawar,

Never take the corolla to Shogran, the road is really bad, that's for sure.

I'd not suggest you to spend a day there but night, that's a lovely place and you could explore at least the SiriPaye from there, lush green treks.

Enjoy the marvels of Pakistan..

Reply to: Trip to naran kaghan
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Gilgit