We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Skardu/gilgit

Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
3 posts
Save Topic
Skardu/gilgit

*On an average basis, how long will it take me to fly from isl to gilgit or skardu? i have limited number of days... just 15 days after landing in islamabad before i have to leave Pakistan again.

*if my flight will be cancelled because of weather, what are my options? Should I continue to wait for a seat on-chance, or should I move on and get a vehicle instead? I plan to travel in August.

*I am travelling with 2 kids and my hubby... does someone have an itinerary where we can go? My kids are 6 and 3.

* What are some of the good hotels in Gilgit and Skardu? Do you think that I should book in advance or book it as-we-go-along?

*Would you recommend any tour operator and/or jeep (4x4) operator?

Finally, thank you. I will highly appreciate your responses.

Faiza.

Saskatchewan, Canada
Level Contributor
1,808 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Skardu/gilgit

Islamabad - Skardu 45 minutes

Islamabad - Gilgit 1 hour

If flight cancelled, two options, wait till operation or leave by road. But you have kids and must be tiring because of road condition. If flight cancelled choose other option to visit.

Its your family trip and will suggest to make arrangements well in advanced to be out of problems. For tour operators you can search on internet and you will get many links. Try this one and can get information www.activetourspakistan.com

HT

Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
3 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Skardu/gilgit

thx for writing..... what types of arrangements can i make when i dont even know when exactly i will fly back?

islamabad
Level Contributor
2,025 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Skardu/gilgit

There is no other way around except taking a public bus or hiring a private car 'd be the alternate in case of flight cancellation.

hyderabad p
7 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Skardu/gilgit

how many days required to visit Skardu? what is security situation there?

islamabad
Level Contributor
2,025 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Skardu/gilgit

No security issues in Skardu,you need at least 2/3 days to cover Skardu region.

6. Re: Skardu/gilgit

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 December 2014, 18:16