We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Day trip to Tagaytay

california
Level Contributor
35 posts
21 reviews
Save Topic
Day trip to Tagaytay

Are there any tour groups that operate from a Makati or surrounding area hotels for a day trip to Tagaytay? Thanks.

Singapore, Singapore
Destination Expert
for Philippines
Level Contributor
11,730 posts
337 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Day trip to Tagaytay

There are but it would cost you a lot as most probably it is an exclusive tour unless you can form a big group. That is my experience.

Either do it yourself or hire a driver + car to bring you there.

Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
for Philippines
Level Contributor
10,887 posts
1,992 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Day trip to Tagaytay

If you wish to save money, travel on public buses.

Otherwise, TA member touristdriver offers a personalised (though more expensive) service.

Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
for Philippines, Kuala Lumpur
Level Contributor
23,163 posts
1,636 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Day trip to Tagaytay

I did Tagaytay with TD as a private driver and it was a great day out.

We covered Tagaytay and the various sights on the mountain including Ziplining,crossed Lake Taal by banca and a trek by horse up to the volcano.

Tommo

Manila
Level Contributor
636 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Day trip to Tagaytay

If your intention is to see the taal lake only then a DIY with public bus would be cheaper.

With a tour agencies, here are some with a package that include lunch.

southtravels.com/asia/…tour2.html

http://www.tj-travel.com/Tagaytay.html

…mangotours.com/2011/06/sightseeing-day-tour…

A personalized tour would be the best way to experience Tagaytay and maybe everything it has to offer.

5. Re: Day trip to Tagaytay

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 12 June 2012, 11:35
Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
for Philippines, Kuala Lumpur
Level Contributor
23,163 posts
1,636 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Day trip to Tagaytay

Its always best to shop around for price comparisons.

TD has provided some good links for you to join tours. Tours are also great but the disadvantage is that you dont have control of the itinerary.

I selected a random but well know car hire company for comparison of what I paid. The rates I was charged by TD were well below these prices. We utilised a luxuryToyota Grandia Van last time.

http://www.budget.com.ph/new_reservation.aspx

I welcome any other recommended drivers whom members have had a great experience with including leftovers recommended driver @ 1000php cheaper. The more recommended driver choices for members the better.

Using someone who comes recommended is preferable to a random driver. Many recommend Bohol Travel Buddy on this forum. We used their services based on this forum and I have yet to hear of any bad feedback and we had nothing but a positive experience with them .

Tommo

Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
83 posts
177 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Day trip to Tagaytay

What is the best way to scope drivers for hire in advance? We will be staying in Makati and going to Tagaytay, either for a day or for a day and night. What cost ballpark are we looking at for a driver for a day?

Singapore, Singapore
Destination Expert
for Philippines
Level Contributor
11,730 posts
337 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Day trip to Tagaytay

Are you asking for recommendation of a driver to bring you to Tagaytay?

Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
83 posts
177 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Day trip to Tagaytay

Sorry for being unclear. Yes, I am looking for information about drivers for Manila to Tagaytay. We will likely either rent a car (US Driver's License) or hire a driver. As we may stay overnight in Tagaytay, a rental car might work better but I'd like to know about hiring a driver as well.

Thanks.

Singapore, Singapore
Destination Expert
for Philippines
Level Contributor
11,730 posts
337 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Day trip to Tagaytay

Again, we do not recommend foreigners driving in Philippines.

tripadvisor.com.au/ShowTopic-g294245-i3256-k…

tripadvisor.com.au/…36570084

tripadvisor.com.au/ShowTopic-g298573-i3261-k…

Get a driver and car at your convenience.

I would recommend 2D1N for Taal and Pagsanjan Falls.

Morning - Pagsanjan Falls.

Evening - Dine in Tagatay.

Next morning - Taal volcano.

Evening - Back in Manila.