We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Travel to tagaytay & taal volcano

Which Tagaytay hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
New Delhi, India
Level Contributor
19 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Travel to tagaytay & taal volcano

I'm from India and have come to Manila on work. 9th April2014 is a holiday and i want to travel to Tagaytal by bus. Im staying in Manila Greenbelt Makati. I plan to take a bus very early say 5am or so . I'm alone & would be grateful if you can help me plan my day. I have to return by night as I have work next day.

Some of my questions are:

1. Where can i get a bus closest to makati greenbelt to Tagaytay. & which bus should I take . Then how to reach the lake from bus stop.

2. Once I reach tagaytay , I would love to take a boat & go to volcano. Can I get a shared boat ,like there maybe a boat which offers per seat. How much would it cost to cross lake.

3 I also read somewhere regarding a cable car. Does this go to volcano. If so from where can i take this & how much will it cost.

4. Can one trek up the volcano on your own or does one need a guide

5. Can you also suggest if i can take a tour package from Tagaytay -Taal Lake -Volcano-& back. & how much would it cost

Would be real grateful for all your help.

Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
for Philippines, Kuala Lumpur
Level Contributor
22,667 posts
1,577 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Travel to tagaytay & taal volcano

I suggest you read this comprehensive trip report by YLOO:

tripadvisor.com.au/…40409312

Found to the right----->

Dont forget to read other Top Questions such as------>

**How do I get to Tagaytay using public transport?

**Taal Heritage Trail

Tommo

New Delhi, India
Level Contributor
19 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Travel to tagaytay & taal volcano

Tommo thanks so much. I will be travelling by bus. Just need few clarifications. Which is closest bus stop to makati greenbelt to catch a bus to tagaytay . Also do they allow boat to be shared by people. I find 1500php so high & if so should i ask people around if they will be ready to share the boat

3. Re: Travel to tagaytay & taal volcano

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 April 2015, 05:16