We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Legazpi - Daragang Magayon festival

Philippines
Destination Expert
for Philippines
Level Contributor
6,064 posts
263 reviews
Save Topic
Legazpi - Daragang Magayon festival

Hi everyone,

Has anyone been for the Magayon festival in Legazpi? How is it? Are there any cultural / native shows / dances / parades (I mean, is there something resembling Masskara or Panagbenga?)

I checked their facebook page, but all I can see is showbiz, modelling shows, dance routines and dog shows! And a giant parade which just has some big effigies.

Thanks

(Websites checked -

1) https://www.facebook.com/magayonfestival

2) philstar.com/entertainment/2013/04/06/927432… )

Philippines
Destination Expert
for Philippines
Level Contributor
6,064 posts
263 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Legazpi - Daragang Magayon festival

Hi

Just as a follow up - I did visit Legaspi - the festival is more of a local event. Noting special - more of beauty contests and some sing song cometetions with celebrity visits. Even the giant effigies were of no real interst.

Noting for a tourist to enjoy.

Mayon in itself is absolutely beautiful - so are the fire flies one gets to see int eh river cruise in Donsol.

JBR here - tripadvisor.com/…49939229

Angono, Rizal...
Level Contributor
2 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Legazpi - Daragang Magayon festival

If you will visit Legazpi for the first-time, surely you will like and enjoy the Daragang Magayon Festival. It resembles Masskara, Sinulog, etc. plus the cultural, native shows, and entertainment program in the evening. Besides, you will see the beautiful and exciting city of Legazpi amids the backdrop of the world-renowned Mayon Volcano.

Philippines
Destination Expert
for Philippines
Level Contributor
6,064 posts
263 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Legazpi - Daragang Magayon festival

@ Cesar

Surely you must be joking. The Daragang Magayong festival is more of a local even which will hardly hold much interest for a visitor - not at all like Masskara!

I have been for both , and the Daragang festival was a big let down (but Cagsawa ruins and Mayon volcano were fantastic!)

4. Re: Legazpi - Daragang Magayon festival

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 June 2016, 11:18
Get answers to your questions about Legazpi