We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cagayan de Oro Tourist

Los Angeles...
3 posts
Cagayan de Oro Tourist

I am an American who will be traveling to CDO in February. I am meeting a group of local friends, and will be staying with a friend in a local residence.

It is the first time I have ever traveled outside of my country, and I am nervous. I see on government sites about travel advisories (though I know that there are many countries that have travel advisories). I have been reassured by my friends in CDO and a few American Filipinos that a white American will be safe, especially with friends. However, there are a number of American Filipinos that strongly caution me from going there.

I know I will stand out physically, but I also know that I can't be the only American in such a big city. So.. is there anyone out there that can reassure me? Will I be safe? Are there other foreign tourists wandering around?

i also know through friends about the devastating floods there, and I worry about increased crime.

Forgive me.. I'm naieve about traveling and every one I talk to gives me a different story. I trust my friends there and I know that I will never be alone, but I worry about Muslim terrorism and wanted to get some outside advice.

Thanks for any help you can give me. I know it's a beautiful place and I'm looking forward to connecting with my friends. Just nervous from all I've read

Cagayan de Oro...
5 posts
21. Re: Cagayan de Oro Tourist

i've been to cdo sir because i been studying there in one of the college school. but i haven't visited most of the places here in Mindanao. I just ask because it interest me to know what are your opinions of CDO as of now. From what i read in your First post you seem very nervous, and it really made me curious. Hope you don't mind my asking sir.

Valencia, Bukidnon...
1 post
22. Re: Cagayan de Oro Tourist

Yes, Mindanao is rich in natural resources that you should visit. Also I recommend you to visit the popular attractions and activities in Bukidnon every traveler should not miss. For more info. visit http://bukidnonbusinessdirectory.com/

Cagayan de Oro...
5 posts
23. Re: Cagayan de Oro Tourist

yes sir i'm so aware of how rich from natural scenery is Bukidnon sir cuz i was born there before we transfer here in Mis. or. Sir. I love to feature it in my blog sir if ever :)

viste Site http://philippine-tourist-spot.blogspot.com

Miami, Florida
2 posts
24. Re: Cagayan de Oro Tourist

Hi, I am planing to go east of CDO near Jassan. Anyone heard about Monte Ricci resort?

25. Re: Cagayan de Oro Tourist

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 October 2013, 14:08
Philippines
Destination Expert
for Philippines, Bandar Seri Begawan
Level Contributor
20,260 posts
254 reviews
26. Re: Cagayan de Oro Tourist

Hi James, what are you doing? This is not a classified ads website. When you signed up here in TripAdvisor you agreed that no advertising or soliciting is allowed.

Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
for Philippines, Kuala Lumpur
Level Contributor
27,446 posts
2,254 reviews
27. Re: Cagayan de Oro Tourist

James spamming and free ads not allowed!

Tommo

Dublin, Dublin...
1 post
1 review
28. Re: Cagayan de Oro Tourist

Well done sean .i have being there last year out in the sticks with girl and family loved it. Lovely people.Going to the phillipines on the 18 november 2013 dont know if i get that far this time?

Miami, Florida
2 posts
29. Re: Cagayan de Oro Tourist

Looks like the best way is take the Magnum or LAX shuttle from the airport to the Magnum or Centrio station and walk the way to the near Agora Eastbound Station, there take a bus East and let the driver know you go Monte Ricci or Greenwater in Barangay Hermano. I will take the GPS with me just in case.

30. Re: Cagayan de Oro Tourist

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 12 March 2014, 09:05
Get answers to your questions about Cagayan de Oro