We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

CDO to Camiguin ferry sched?

Philippines
Level Contributor
8 posts
1 review
Save Topic
CDO to Camiguin ferry sched?

Hi! I'm off to Camiguin next week. I'm flying in to CDO, arriving at around 7am. I gather that to get to Camiguin I must take the bus from CDO to Balingoan, then the ferry to Camiguin.

Could someone pls tell me the sched of the ferry to Camiguin?

Many thanks.

Cagayan de Oro...
Level Contributor
149 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: CDO to Camiguin ferry sched?

If I am not mistaken the ferry to Camiguin leaves every 30 mins or an hour in Balingoan Wharf. However I don't think there are evening trips. Go to Agora Bus Terminal and take the Rural Transit or Bachelor Express bus going to Butuan (pronounced as But-uan) or Gingoog City. They have clean and good buses. Tell the conductor to inform you as soon as you reach Balingoan coz your leaving for Camiguin. Bus trip will take around 1 1/2 to 2 hours. When you reach the Balingoan Bus Terminal, you can walk to the wharf (approximately 100 to 150 meters ahead of the bus terminal) or take a pedicab. There are restaurants around the wharf for refreshments. Boat tickets are sold at the gate. Boat trip will take around 2 hours.

Leyte Island...
Destination Expert
for Cebu City, Cebu Island
Level Contributor
11,717 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: CDO to Camiguin ferry sched?

Hello Iddu

I just spent the last 3 days in Camiguin staying at Secret Cove so this information may be of interest to you.

When I got off the Trans Asia 1 at the CDO pier, there were taxis waiting. I wanted to get a taxi to the bus terminal but before I got in the taxi, I decided, that if he would accept P1,500 to take us to Balingoan, I would go by taxi. I got in the taxi and said how much to Balingoan. He said P1,500, I said let's go. As that was his opening offer, I may have paid to much but as it was what I was prepared to pay, I was happy.

If you would like to use this same driver and have him waiting for you, his name is Boyet and his cell phone number is 09198533840.

When coming back from Camiguin, Boyet was waiting for me at the Balingoan Pier to take me to CDO.

I have the ferry schedule but I don't have it with me now. I will post the schedule later. The ferry is about every hour. My ferry from Balingoan was 12:15pm

Regards: Jim Sibbick

Leyte Island...
Destination Expert
for Cebu City, Cebu Island
Level Contributor
11,717 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: CDO to Camiguin ferry sched?

Hello Iddu

I picked up a ferry schedule from the ticket office yesterday. However, I have just realised that my 12:15pm ferry going to Guinsiliban is not on it, so I don't know how reliable the schedule will be.

Anyway,

Balingoan to Benoni:

7:15am

9:00am

10:15am

1:15pm

2:50pm

4:15pm

Balingoan to Guinsiliban:

6:15am

11:15am

12:15pm (time of my ferry, not on the schedule)

2:00pm

You can phone the office at Balingoan:

(088) 3873507

or Cebu main office:

(032) 2310639

When I arrived at the Guinsiliban Pier, I could have caught a jeepney for a few pesos but decided on a private multicab. I asked a few people but they all wanted P500. It was more that I wanted to pay but I was happy with the service. I used the same people several times again. They were very helpful carrying bags or helping set up the tripod and were always waiting to take us before the agreed time.

For our 8 hour tour of the island, he charged P1,500.

To take us to Ardent Hot spring at 5pm and take us home again at 9pm, he charged P300.

I probably paid more than the going rate but as I said, I was very happy with the service.

The drivers name is Frank Pojas. If you are interested his cell phone number is 09205405582

Regards: Jim Sibbick

Philippines
Level Contributor
8 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: CDO to Camiguin ferry sched?

Hi Jim and VisitCDO,

Excellent! Thanks very much for the info. I'm all set for CDO and Camiguin

Cheers

Cagayan de Oro...
Level Contributor
149 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: CDO to Camiguin ferry sched?

BTW just incase you need information about Cagayan de Oro, check out my website at

http://www.freewebs.com/visitcagayandeoro

http://www.freewebs.com/cdohotels

Enjoy your trip!

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
110 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: CDO to Camiguin ferry sched?

Would there be Ferry Services from Cagayan De oro to Camuigin Island?

7. Re: CDO to Camiguin ferry sched?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 October 2009, 13:18
Get answers to your questions about Cagayan de Oro