We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Xavier Estates

San Francisco
Level Contributor
46 posts
Save Topic
Xavier Estates

A friend of mine recommends we stay at Xavier Estates while visiting CDO verses the more well know hotel.....Tried to go on the Xavier website....there were no real pictures, only drawings or sketches, and no place to verify the comments of visitors. Is the estates comfortable for tourist and safe?

Cagayan de Oro...
Level Contributor
149 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Xavier Estates

The name of the hotel is Ridge View Chalets and is located within Xavier Estates. It is managed by Xavier Sports and Country Club. Xavier Estates is a high end subdivision in Cagayan de Oro, so comfort and safety is definetly not a problem. It is near the Airport, SM City and has a good view of the city's valley. You can check out my website for more information

http://www.freewebs.com/cdohotels

Unfortunately I do not have a recent photo of Ridge View. Still taking photos. Mass transpo is not readily available since the hotel is located within the subdivision. You have to ride a taxi most of the time.

A note of caution, Cagayan de Oro is experiencing heavier traffic than usual due to the closure of the citys old bridge (Ysalina or Carmen Bridge) until June 23.

Australia
1 post
Save Reply
2. Re: Xavier Estates

I have stayed at the Xavier Estates on a visit 2 years ago. I stayed in the chalet units in the grounds of the estate. I found the place to be very comfortable with air con in the chalets...great pool area the size of an olympic one....dining was okay. Would recommend if you are looking for a cheaper place than the Pryce Hotel in the city. Very nice surroundings suitable also for family with children.

Wanderer

Cagayan de Oro
1 post
Save Reply
3. Re: Xavier Estates

Good Day:

Just happened across your post. I am a transplanted American now retired and living in.....XAVIER ESTATES. It is without question the nicest and most secure residential subdivision in Cagayan de Oro City. However, it is far and away a residential development and not a commercial area. There is a very nice mall VERY nearby offering most anything you would want to purchase and comparable to U.S. malls.

There are NO hotels within the confines of the Xavier Estates Subdivision as it is a place to build homes. There is a very exclusive clubhouse with pool, etc that is available to residents of the subdivision. The security for Xavier Estates is similar to the White House in Washington, D.C. (to be a bit faceitious). If you live here and have a visitor come to the gate, the guards will call your home and ask if it is okay to let them in.......if your housekeeper tries to leave the compound they will call you to see if you have giver her permission. The place is completely safe.

There ARE a few villas for rent on a nightly basis I believe, but this is not the primary business of Xavier Estates. These villa are okay for spending the nite or even a few days, but they are there more for a last minute need more than a commercial endeavor.

If you are a golfer, I can also recommend the Pueblo de Oro Subdivision just down the road a mile or so. It has a REAL championship course designed by Robert Trent Jones, Jr. It is beautifully maintained and a very nice and comfortable environment to enjoy the day. If you are planning to stay permanently I can unequivocablly recommend this area. Had I not gotten to old to play, I would have purchased a lot at Pueblo de Oro. It is almost as secure and well guarded as Xavier Estates.

The real estate values in these areas are without question on the RISE. The great thing about this area is that your American dollar goes MUCH farther than it does in the U.S. I drove by a home in Xavier Estates a few days ago that would be worth several million ANYWHERE in the U.S., and MANY, MANY million on a valuable lot in an excellent location. It was built for a fraction of that cost here. It honestly looked more like a hotel in size than a single family home....truly a mansion.

If you are going to just be visiting a few days, I would recommend either the Pryce Hotel or the Marco Hotel here in Cagayan de Oro City. They are both comparable to nice hotels in the States. If you care to email me for more conversation you can reach me at: shortknocker2003@yahoo.com.

Since I'm retired I'm happy to spend my time assisting visitors.

Paul

Conneaut, Ohio
2 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Xavier Estates

Website for the Ridgeview Chalets which are "conveniently located within the sprawling complex of Xavier Estates"

Conneaut, Ohio
2 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Xavier Estates

Oops - newbie member forgot to include website.

Ridgeview Chalets:

dipolognon.com/cagayandeoro/RidgeviewChalet.…

Cagayan de Oro...
Level Contributor
149 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Xavier Estates

You can visit my temporary website at

http://www.freewebs.com/cdoguide

It has an updated hotel rates (July 2006) and photos of the Ridge View Hotel. I was lucky enough to get permission from the Sales Office to take photos of the room interior and their facilities. I was also able to talk with the Sale Officer and give them some comments regarding their strict gate security.

Hawaii
1 post
Save Reply
7. Re: Xavier Estates

I'm looking for a house or condo or apartment for rent in this location.

1 month use from February 18 to March 15,2007. Can you give

me information on the rent and availability. please response.

what other accomodations do you hav. thank you.

email: sbajuyo@hawaiiantel.net

canada
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Xavier Estates

Dear Paul,

Nice to know someone considered retirint in CDO. I was born in CDO but a resident of Ontario Canada now. In 5 years time me and my Canadian hubby want to retire there too. Maybe we can get together sometimes since we go there almost every year for holidays.

My e-mail is marlani_2000@yahoo.com

This July I am trying to find a place to rent because we are staying only for a month.

Thanks,

Lani

9. Re: Xavier Estates

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 October 2009, 05:36
Get answers to your questions about Cagayan de Oro