We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tune Hotels opens on July 19 in Cagayan De Oro!

Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
for Philippines, Kuala Lumpur
Level Contributor
24,353 posts
1,914 reviews
Save Topic
Tune Hotels opens on July 19 in Cagayan De Oro!

The 159-room Tune Hotel Cagayan De Oro opens on July 19 in the heart of the Lapasan Central Business District.

Hotels will also open in Quezon City (140 rooms), Ortigas (182 rooms) and Davao (155 rooms) for a total of eight hotels opened within a two year period.

redplanethotels.com/EDM/PressRelease/1_July1…

Tommo

Luzon, Philippines
Destination Expert
for Philippines, Bandar Seri Begawan
Level Contributor
18,332 posts
255 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Tune Hotels opens on July 19 in Cagayan De Oro!

I will be again in CDO next month and I tried booking Tune Hotel but the rates are very expensive compared with other hotels in CDO with the same category. For a small room it will cost you almost Php2,000 which includes aircon and toiletries. If the rate is for Manila it could be just ok. That rate of Tune Hotel is even expensive than its branches in Malaysia and Thailand.

Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
for Philippines, Kuala Lumpur
Level Contributor
24,353 posts
1,914 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Tune Hotels opens on July 19 in Cagayan De Oro!

Even LCCT KL Tune Hotel's prices have creeped up and isnt the great value it used to be.

Melbourne will also have a Tune Hotel soon. Be interested to see what the prices are!

Tommo

Singapore, Singapore
Destination Expert
for Philippines
Level Contributor
11,732 posts
339 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Tune Hotels opens on July 19 in Cagayan De Oro!

Tune is getting expensive in my opinion. The rate of their rooms in any Philippines location is so much higher.

Compared to Island Stays or Go Hotel, they have really priced their room way off the mark.

Though their beds are comfortable and it is clean, but it does not offer much value when factoring in the towels, airconsetc.

They do not even have a standard way of interpreting their booking terms and conditions!

Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
for Philippines
Level Contributor
11,104 posts
2,069 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Tune Hotels opens on July 19 in Cagayan De Oro!

Tune Hotels must be relying on potential guests knowing its brand name and perceiving that it is super reliable, clean and comfortable as well as standardised across its various properties irrespective of location (and even nation).

As I have yet to stay in one, it is interesting that some TA members above who have report that it may not be as great value as many travellers may think.

I hope its incursion does not mean the end of some small independent pensiones, guesthouses or hotels in Philippines. Fortunately, the economy is going gangbusters (especially in Metro Manila) and domestic tourism is doing well, although whether it is doing consistently well in all provinces and cities away from the bright lights of Metro Manila is something on which there is little or no data.

Luzon, Philippines
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
18,332 posts
255 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Tune Hotels opens on July 19 in Cagayan De Oro!

I am ok with the rate of Tune Hotel LCCT in Kuala Lumpur being expensive because they're a monopoly in that area, you have no other choice if you want a hotel which is walking distance to the airport, but for a Tune Hotel in CDO to be almost Php2,000/night is really high. For that price I would stay in Tune Hotel Makati but not Tune Hotel CDO even if I am a fan of new hotels.

I will be staying at Traveler's Pod which is also fairly new for just Php1,500 for a double room and the hotel is even located within a mall complex and I don't have to pay anything to use the hotel's wi-fi. --> travelerspod.com/index.php…

Singapore, Singapore
Destination Expert
for Philippines
Level Contributor
11,732 posts
339 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Tune Hotels opens on July 19 in Cagayan De Oro!

Keg,

P1500 for Travelpod?

Have they drop their price? I remembered it is much higher when I enquirer it last year.

Luzon, Philippines
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
18,332 posts
255 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Tune Hotels opens on July 19 in Cagayan De Oro!

How much was it a year ago for a room with double bed? Maybe I was quoted a lean season price, I hope so. Actually I would want the premiere pod for 4 persons for only Php2,300/night but we opted for 2 rooms so we will pay Php3,000 for the 2 rooms/night.

Singapore, Singapore
Destination Expert
for Philippines
Level Contributor
11,732 posts
339 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Tune Hotels opens on July 19 in Cagayan De Oro!

I remembered it is near P2000 which make me look for alternative.

Else I would definitely stay there.

clare,ireland
Level Contributor
5,334 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Tune Hotels opens on July 19 in Cagayan De Oro!

WE HAVE dELUXE Pod Php 1500 good for 2 person Standard Pod Php 1000 good for 2 person Premiere pod Php 2000 good for 3 PERSON can accommodate 7person add guest will be charge 350 per head.

California
Level Contributor
79 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Tune Hotels opens on July 19 in Cagayan De Oro!

I booked on July 16 with Tune CDO for three nights in Sept. Includes a/c, tv, and wifi. Total price was 3321PHP. On line when you enter multiple evenings it can be a bit confusing because the rate they show you is the total price and not the individual evening price.

I checked again and plugged in 3 nights begining Aug 1st, and it shows total cost of 3567.31php. (Did this without completeing the reservation)

On Agoda the CDO hotel listed prices don;t include 12% hotel tax. I didn;t see anything comparable in the 1200 php range in CDO.

For a brand new hotel 1100 php prettty fair price for CDO. Previously stayed in Irmita Tune and its a great price for the quality of stay.

http://www.tunehotels.com/my/en/

Get answers to your questions about Cagayan de Oro