We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Suitable accommodation for Family (2 Adults & 2 small kids)

Which Songkhla hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Townsville...
Level Contributor
99 posts
28 reviews
Save Topic
Suitable accommodation for Family (2 Adults & 2 small kids)

Can anyone recommend a hotel/guest house suitable for a family (2 adults, 1 child 4 years old and 1 infant 1 year old) in Songkhla?

Preference would be somewhere either near the beach or on a songthaew route so we can get to the beach and markets or other places of interest etc.

Willing to pay up to 1500 baht per night but would prefer something around 1000 baht or less per night.

Breakfast is not important but room would need air con, be neat and tidy place with one big bed and possible another single and/or baby cot (baby cot not totally necessary though).

Can anyone recommend something like this ?

Thanks in Advance. Darren.

7 replies to this topic
Bangkok
Destination Expert
for Thailand
Level Contributor
18,140 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Suitable accommodation for Family (2 Adults & 2 small kids)

Haadkaew Beach Resort is about B 1,200 with breakfast, tax, service, no charge for 4 year old but pay B 100 for breakfast.

Rajamangala is about B 1,400 , same basis for the children, about 20 mins from Hat Yai center

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
4,382 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Suitable accommodation for Family (2 Adults & 2 small kids)

Hi,

You do realise that Songkhla is on the DFAT 'Do Not Travel' list? Probably not a destination I would be taking my young family too (check you will be covered by travel insurance) but hey, each to their own. Just wanted to bring it to your attention in case you weren't aware.

smartraveller.gov.au/zw-cgi/…Thailand

Cheers

Edited: 15 March 2013, 12:55
bangkok
Level Contributor
267 posts
99 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Suitable accommodation for Family (2 Adults & 2 small kids)

I would recommend the new rajamangala mermaid hotel, on the beach front next to rajamangala pavillion hotel. It opened december 2012. Nice, clean, big rooms with double bed and spare bed. Cost baht 1500 night. OR try singora hotel if you want to be more central, same price, recently refurbished. I visit songkhla fortnightly and stay these 2 hotels.

bangkok
Level Contributor
267 posts
99 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Suitable accommodation for Family (2 Adults & 2 small kids)

What is wrong with songkhla? Its a lovely little thai town with a lot going for it. I would definitely take my family there, and will do so this year.

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
4,382 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Suitable accommodation for Family (2 Adults & 2 small kids)

It's your family. You're free to do as you please. My post was intended for Australian travellers.

Cheers.

Edited: 18 March 2013, 21:20
Gold Coast
Destination Expert
for Ko Pha Ngan, Ko Samui, Thailand
Level Contributor
25,185 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Suitable accommodation for Family (2 Adults & 2 small kids)

We stayed in Hat Yai 2 years ago and really liked our visit, however, since a bombing last year which damaged the McDonalds right opposite our hotel (then Novotel), I don't have any plans to go there for a while with my family, although there has been progress in bringing peace to the region with the signing of a treaty by one insurgent group, trouble is there are many more groups who can cause trouble.

Townsville...
Level Contributor
99 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Suitable accommodation for Family (2 Adults & 2 small kids)

Thanks to everyone for their suggestions and advice. cheers.

Reply to: Suitable accommodation for Family (2 Adults & 2 small kids)
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Songkhla