We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Catching a bus from Tuxtla airport to San Cristobal

Which Tuxtla Gutierrez hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Melbourne, Australia
11 posts
Save Topic
Catching a bus from Tuxtla airport to San Cristobal

Hi all,

I've had a quick look of the ticket bus website and, while there seem to be plenty of busses going from Tuxtla to San.C, I couldn't find any info on where the bus terminal is located so I'm not sure how much time to allow after landing.

I land at 8:06 in the morning on a Sunday. Is the bus terminal very close to the airport and, do all bus companies depart from the same area?

Was just about to book a 9:40 bus but thought I'd better check how realistic that is first.

San Cristobal de...
Level Contributor
132 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Catching a bus from Tuxtla airport to San Cristobal

There are buses about every 2 hours and I believe the 1st is at 9:00am. The bus station is a long ways from the airport. Just wait for the bus to show up at the airport. Buy your ticket when you get there at the airport.

Edited: 02 August 2012, 16:39
Panajachel...
Level Contributor
103 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Catching a bus from Tuxtla airport to San Cristobal

The airport is between the bus terminal and SCLC so it makes no sense to go into town.

Bus company OCC runs direct airport-SCLC buses several times a day. Make sure you're buying a bus ticket and not the collective taxi, which is much more expensive (but still not that much if you share; depends on your budget, but you can leave right away).

Cozumel, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Cozumel, Merida
Level Contributor
42,442 posts
135 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Catching a bus from Tuxtla airport to San Cristobal

ADO/OCC is no longer showing service from the airport to San Cris so I assume they discontinued it.

www.ado.com.mx

San Cristobal de...
Level Contributor
132 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Catching a bus from Tuxtla airport to San Cristobal

They are still running the service.

BC
Level Contributor
4,080 posts
168 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Catching a bus from Tuxtla airport to San Cristobal

Hi, I hope I can piggy-back on this thread to ask about travel in the opposite direction.

Arriving in SCDLC by bus from Palenque, but one of my party will want to fly out of Tuxtla airport back to Canada while I continue on for a longer trip.

A lot of the flights out leave very early in the morning. Will a very early morning shuttle or bus from San Cristobal to the airport be possible?

San Cristobal de...
Level Contributor
132 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Catching a bus from Tuxtla airport to San Cristobal

This is the bus schedule

SC to Tuxtula airport TGZ.

9:00 am --10:45

13:30--14:45

14:30--15:45

TGZ to San Cris

11:30

13:00

15:30

17:30

Cost is $160.00 peso's

To get to the airport earler you have to get a taxi.

Edited: 13 October 2012, 00:07
BC
Level Contributor
4,080 posts
168 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Catching a bus from Tuxtla airport to San Cristobal

thanks Heydule.

It will have to be taxi, I think. In case a later flight gets added before he books, I'll keep this schedule handy, I hate those very early mornings!

Cambridge, United...
2 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Catching a bus from Tuxtla airport to San Cristobal

Hi we get into Tuxtla airport at about 6.30pm - what are options for travel to San Cristobel in the evening. Is there a bus direct from the airport

San Cristobal de...
Level Contributor
132 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Catching a bus from Tuxtla airport to San Cristobal

The hours of the bus are posted above

BC
Level Contributor
4,080 posts
168 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Catching a bus from Tuxtla airport to San Cristobal

Heydule, I wonder if I could ask you (or anyone else) another question.

I thought of another possibility and wonder if this would work. Leave SCDC in the morning to do a tour of the Sumidero Canyon. Then take a taxi from Chiapa de Corzo to the airport for a evening flight.

Do you know if this would work, ie. are their taxis in that town that would do airport trips?

Get answers to your questions about Tuxtla Gutierrez