We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Condo in Cabarete

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
41 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
Condo in Cabarete

Hi Guys and Gals

I was wondering if anyone has heard of Hotel Magnifico or Cementerio in Cabarete? I was considering renting a condo for a week there. Also would these properties be walking distance to restaurants and nightlife?

Thanks

KC

Cabarete, Dominican...
Destination Expert
for Cabarete
Level Contributor
44,075 posts
266 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Condo in Cabarete

Magnifico has a very good reputation; modern and reasonably priced. This condo/hotel is on Cabarete East walking distance to downtown Cabarete, where the restaurants and nightlife is.

About Cementerio, never heard of it. It means cemetery in Spanish, unless whomever mentioned it to you was joking and meaning the Cabarete cemetery right by Magnifico. One thing about Magnifico, you can't swim in the ocean on that side of Cabarete. The undercurrent is dangerous. But you're only a block or so away from Cabarete Bay if you like to swim. Also, the largest supermarket in Cabarete is a block away.

Silvia

louisiana
Level Contributor
782 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Condo in Cabarete

Hello

I walked the grounds of Magnifico and it was very nice and some of the curtains were open and the condos looked nice also from what I could see,it is also close to the Downwinder and Bistro Alegria,which are 2 GOOD places to eat and have a drink. It is a very short walk to the center of town but I suggest walking it atleast once in the daytime 1st because the sidewalk and road both have some dips and holes that could be dangerous if you are not aware of them...

NJ
Level Contributor
59 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Condo in Cabarete

Everything ExPat said is correct. Also I've stayed there and the rooms, grounds and pool are very nice. It is a short walk to the center of town and is in a convenient location to restaurants and nightlife....there is no place called Cemenerio but there is a cementary on the grounds of El Magnifico as ExPat mentioned.

levinitup
1 post
Save Reply
4. Re: Condo in Cabarete

We stayed at Casa Blanca Hotel next to Magnifico. About half the price. Not as fancy - but very good value. Hotel has studios - we were in A - right by the nice pool.

louisiana
Level Contributor
782 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Condo in Cabarete

Hello

I also stayed in Casa Blanca once and it was very clean and has a nice little pool but the rooms are more of a summer camp feel than nice condo...no air,tv, and it has tiny showers but it is a decent place to stay for the price

Raymore, Sask...
Level Contributor
599 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Condo in Cabarete

We have stayed at the Sans Souci a couple times and have no complains. They have studios, one bedrooms and two bedrooms, lots of them are right on the beach. They have several locations in Cabarete. Have fun.

Isle of Man
Destination Expert
for Cabarete
Level Contributor
1,197 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Condo in Cabarete

as this thread has moved off just the original question...

I have also stayed at the Sans Souci as well as the Cita del Sol which is a similar price (about US$50 per night). Of the two, I would return to the Cita del Sol first and found it much better value.

Hotel Kaoba is in the same price range and has a good reputation although I've never stayed there. They have a web cam too...

http://www.kaoba.com/specials.htm click webcams

There are many other places renting condominiums. For example, a bit better quality than those mentioned above, with one, two and three bedroom apartments at Royal Residence. http://www.royalresidence.org

Next door to them Ocean Dreams is higher quality again, and of course, higher price again!

http://www.oceandreamcabarete.com/

That pretty much covers all price ranges in central Cabarete. There are a few others as well, so something for everyone!

Cabrera, Dominican...
Level Contributor
15 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Condo in Cabarete

Hotel Magnifico is pretty nice but is pales in comparison to the hotel next door, Velero Beach Resort. Both are condo/hotels but Velero Beach has an exceptional bar / restaurant and is right on the main (swimmable) beach for Cabarete. I'd recommend Velero Beach (www.velerobeach.com) for Cabarete.

Hayward, California
Level Contributor
4 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Condo in Cabarete

Hey Boston,

Not sure if you've already found a place, but I highly recommend Hotel Magnifico. The design of the rooms is very interesting, and all the pictures you'll find are representative of what you'll get. They are also reasonably priced. Some of my buddies say building 6 (newest) is amazing and really great for couples and families as it can be split up according to your needs. There is a small pool in the center that is never crowded and nice to just lay out and read a book. There are two pathways to the beach, each about 5 minutes walk. You can walk on the beach during low tide or out on the street. We pretty much took the beach way during the day and at night out on the streets as it's not safe to wander on the beach at night. Big plus is the cafe Claro right next to Magnifico, and although they only serve breakfast and lunch it's very good and relatively cheap. I also agree with one of the other posts, Velero looked pretty nice from the outside, but I never stayed there. Have fun!

10. Re: Condo in Cabarete

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 October 2009, 02:16
Get answers to your questions about Cabarete
Recent Conversations