We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Self-catering v A. I.(all-inclusive)

Which Cabarete hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Lancashire UK
Level Contributor
313 posts
108 reviews
Save Topic
Self-catering v A. I.(all-inclusive)

Not knowing the costs of living there or choice of food in the shops, can anyone advise as to whether they would choose self-catering (apart from the obvious of being in a smaller/quieter place)or go with the huge selection of A.I. resorts in Cabarete. If we went with the latter choice, it would be a 'midddle-of-the-road' hotel, not the most expensive. Any suggestions for either s.c. or A.I would be most appreciated.Thanks.

Ilkley, United...
Level Contributor
855 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Self-catering v A. I.(all-inclusive)

Have a look at the Hotel Alegria in cabarete..its ideal for s/c accomodation.Two minutes walk to one of the large supermarkets that sells everything you need and 5 minutes walk to the center of Cabarete and all the shops and nightlife. No need for taxis, right on the beach and a great price. Check out the reviews on here. It also has its own bar and restaurant so you dont have to cook in your room if you fancy a change. I've done the various options on my trips to Cabarete, A/I. room only and s/c and I would say self cateing is the best as you've got more options. Compaired to the uk its cheaper to eat in the restaurants over there and the food and bottles of spirits in the supermarkets are a lot cheaper than Tesco, lol.

sam

Lancashire UK
Level Contributor
313 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Self-catering v A. I.(all-inclusive)

Many thanks for your detailed reply. Can you give me some idea of prices of basic food stuffs like bread/coffee/fruit? What were prices like in this hotel's restaurant....could we have got breakfast cheaper by buying in food ourselves as this is usually the one meal we prefer to SC and go out for the rest.

Just on another note as you obviously have this knowledge, can you swim in the sea or is is too rough?

3. Re: Self-catering v A. I.(all-inclusive)

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 September 2009, 18:19