We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cabarete in September

Dexter, Michigan
Level Contributor
88 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Cabarete in September

Hey everyone,

We are thinking about taking a trip to Cabarete (our third!) in September. My question is: how is the weather in September? We usually go in the winter (Jan or Feb) and of course, its perfect. I'm just wondering about a rainy season/hurrican season?

Thanks!

Cabarete, Dominican...
Destination Expert
for Cabarete
Level Contributor
43,771 posts
266 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Cabarete in September

It is hurricane season in the Caribbean. Yet, the north coast of the DR has not been hit by a hurricane in many, many years. Last year, for example, there were a few hurricanes passing through which hit the north coast of Haiti, but all we got was a lot of rain and wind for a couple of days.

Here is a website where you can check historical weather patterns for POP. It's set for September 08, but you can change the month and year.

wunderground.com/history/…MonthlyHistory.html

Now, all those rainy days that you see, I don't recall that it rained all day (except for some of those days when hurricanes where passing by).

Another website with stats although average for the entire DR.

dominicanrepublic-guide.info/weather/rain/

Silvia

Cabarete, Dominican...
Destination Expert
for Cabarete
Level Contributor
43,771 posts
266 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Cabarete in September

Forgot to mention to check BobK's weather updates for this area. You'll find daily weather reports for September 08.

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g147290-i64-k21626…

Hope this helps.

Silvia

Isle of Man
Destination Expert
for Cabarete
Level Contributor
1,191 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Cabarete in September

The mountain range just inland forces hurricanes to either track south (most of them) or stay out at sea which is why so few make landfall on the north coast. I went there in Sept 07 and had blue sky all day, every day, but it rained heavily at night. No guarantees, but I'd happily visit Cabarete in September again!

Netherlands
Level Contributor
53 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Cabarete in September

I was at Playa Dorada (a few minutes from Cabarete) 2 times at the end of August/beginning of September and only had sun!

Last year around the 15th of August there was Hurricane Dean (I think) . . .

I will be there in the beginning of September too.

Cabarete
4 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Cabarete in September

I live here since December 2002 and I can tell this is the warmest month of the year. We are supposed to be in the rain season but there is no much rain...it starts in October normally...till mid January...

Jassman

Cabarete, Dominican...
Level Contributor
779 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Cabarete in September

Take a look at this link - it shows the movement of hurricanes since the beginning of the century. You will see that the Dominican Republic is normally unaffected - especially the North Coast. www.nhc.noaa.gov/HAW2/english/history.shtml

7. Re: Cabarete in September

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 November 2009, 07:19
Get answers to your questions about Cabarete
Recent Conversations