We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

sandcastles

Glasgow, Scotland
Level Contributor
494 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
sandcastles

I've read there is a sandcastle competition in Cabarete in February. Anybody know when/where it's happening this year?

Thanks

Susan

Cabarete, Dominican...
Level Contributor
779 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: sandcastles

Certainly on the main bay of Cabarete - normally it produces some really amazing castles. I'm unsure when it is though this year.

Glasgow, Scotland
Level Contributor
494 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: sandcastles

Thanks - it seems really hard to find details of it. Hopefully it's wile we are still there.

By the way, is there a tourist information in Cabarete, or is tripadvisor it?

Cabarete, Dominican...
Destination Expert
for Cabarete
Level Contributor
43,364 posts
261 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: sandcastles

In addition to what you find on TripAdvisor in the Things to Do section, you can check www.activecabarete.com.

Silvia

Glasgow, Scotland
Level Contributor
494 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: sandcastles

Thanks Angie,

I checked that out too but there is nothing there. Apparently it's not widely publicised before hand and people often miss it ?!?!?

I'm not a super sandcastle freak, but I saw the photos and they look amazing. Would love to go along if it's on and we are only just along the road.

Cheers

Susan

Cabarete, Dominican...
Destination Expert
for Cabarete
Level Contributor
43,364 posts
261 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: sandcastles

Susan,

I thought you were asking about more general information on Cabarete. You're right, there's nothing on the Sand Castle Competition on ActiveCabarete.

I already posted in the DR1 forum (which is mostly frequented by expats and frequent travelers to the DR) but no one has answered. From what I've read, it is organized by a Canadian but in the past few years he has not advertised it before hand so very few people knew that when it was taking place. I've been here for over 3 years and never had a chance to see the castles either.

When and if I hear about the dates for this year, I'll post again.

Silvia

Glasgow, Scotland
Level Contributor
494 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: sandcastles

Hi Silvia,

Thanks for that, from what I read it's been more March recently which is too late for us sadly.

I've seen the pictures and they look fab.

Never mind, kiteboarding for kids is on while we are there and our last day is the first day of the masters of the ocean thing so we're not doing too badly.

Arrive on Tuesday, so if you see a peelywally scot looking a bit lost and her husband, then that will be me!

Thanks

Susan

7. Re: sandcastles

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 August 2010, 07:17
Get answers to your questions about Cabarete