We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

2 late 20's females- where to stay?

Which Cabarete hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
New York City, New...
1 post
Save Topic
2 late 20's females- where to stay?

Hi,

My friend and I are headed to Cabarete next month and are trying to decide where to stay. We are deciding between getting a condo via Ocean Dream Condos that sound like they are right in town or staying at the Kite Beach Hotel.

We aren't coming just to kite surf, though I'm sure we'll try it at some point. Our priority is mostly to have a good time, relax and meet some fun people. We are slightly leaning toward Kite Beach Hotel just because we feel it will be easier to meet other people and we also have a feeling that the condo place will be full of families and the pool swarming with kids. Not that there is anything wrong with that- just not what we are looking for.

Can any locals or previous visitors help us figure out which one is the better option for us- Condo in town or Kite Beach hotel? (money is not a concern)

Thanks

Sosua, Dominican...
Destination Expert
for Puerto Plata, Sosua, Dominican Republic
Level Contributor
16,922 posts
221 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 2 late 20's females- where to stay?

Personally I think you will be better off at the Ocean dream project. It is a 5 min walk along the beach to town and all the restaurants, bars and clubs. You will meet lots of folks there.

The complex of ocean dream is multiple pods each with its own pool so they tend not to be croweded. We lived there for a year and in our pod we had 11 condos (only 4 used as rentals) sharing one pool.

Here is one site to look at http://www.cabareteoceandreamrentals.com/

There are many others as well. Feel free to PM me if you want.

BObK

Charlotte, North...
Level Contributor
1,309 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 2 late 20's females- where to stay?

I'd choose a hotel in town. If you are in town you can walk around easier and meet more people. It's better for younger people, esp singles. Have fun!

Edited: 29 April 2010, 16:31
Cabarete, Dominican...
Level Contributor
779 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 2 late 20's females- where to stay?

Definitely stay in town - there's loads to choose from. Kite beach is stuck out of town around 4km and it will be hard for you to enjoy the great restaurant/nightlife that Cabarete has to offer.

New York
2 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: 2 late 20's females- where to stay?

Town is where all the actiion is but the party goes on all night and it can be very loud! If you plan to party all night that is the place to stay. Kite Beach Hotel is very quiet and not much happening at night but during the day kite beach is busy and a great place to meet people. It is a short cab ride or moto concho ride into town at night and a great walk during the day. Have fun.

Isle of Man
Destination Expert
for Cabarete
Level Contributor
1,147 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: 2 late 20's females- where to stay?

Ocean Dream is a very safe walk from town, even at night, which should be enough to swing it.

6. Re: 2 late 20's females- where to stay?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 October 2010, 05:16