We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Wind/Kite surfing rentals and places to eat???

New Jersey
Level Contributor
79 posts
Save Topic
Wind/Kite surfing rentals and places to eat???

Hello,

We are visiting Cabarete in the second week of September and would like to try wind and kite surfing. We would like to rent equipment for either 5 or 6 days and want to be able to switch equipments depending on our mood (instead of renting each day, which just becomes too expensive). Does anyone know of a place that would let us do this? We would also need lessons.

We are staying in Caberete Palm Beach Condos, and from what I see the restaurants are very close. Which are the best restaurants to eat from? Specially grilled/bbq food. We are a bunch of guys (4, maybe 5), so street food does not scare us (up to certain point of course).

Thanks!

Chino Surf School
Surfing, Windsurfing & Kitesurfing
Dare2fly Cabarete Kiteboarding School
Surfing, Windsurfing & Kitesurfing, Equipment Hire
Gokite Cabarete Kiteboarding School
Surfing, Windsurfing & Kitesurfing
DR Water Sports
Stand-Up Paddleboarding, Surfing, Windsurfing & Kitesurfing
Sosua, Dominican...
Destination Expert
for Puerto Plata, Sosua, Dominican Republic
Level Contributor
18,137 posts
295 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Wind/Kite surfing rentals and places to eat???

You might want to start a separate thread regarding your question about the Palm Beach condos for more responses.

As to Tropicoco it has been closed for over a year now.

BObK

Mentioned in this post
Tropicoco
Tropicoco
27 Reviews
Dominican Republic
New York City
Level Contributor
3 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Wind/Kite surfing rentals and places to eat???

Thanks. I actually thought I was PMing the original poster as one is able to do on the DR1 forums. After I hit send I realized it posted to the entire thread. I'm not as familiar with the tripadvisor forum.

Sosua, Dominican...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
18,137 posts
295 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Wind/Kite surfing rentals and places to eat???

No problem. I hope you get the answer to your condo question. I only know that it is in the main town area

BObK

New York City
Level Contributor
3 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Wind/Kite surfing rentals and places to eat???

Thanks yes I read reviews and walking distance to bars and restaurants was very important and part if why we booked the PBC. I will post some questions tomorrow as I've been to many parts of the DR but never Cabarete.

Sosua, Dominican...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
18,137 posts
295 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: Wind/Kite surfing rentals and places to eat???

Ask away. You will love Cabarete

BObK

16. Re: Wind/Kite surfing rentals and places to eat???

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 September 2014, 07:18
Get answers to your questions about Cabarete
Recent Conversations