We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Encuentro

Which Cabarete hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Vienna, Austria
Level Contributor
100 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
Encuentro

Searching for a hotel or rental close to Encuentro Beach (surfers). Found Hooked Cabarete but prefer something closer to the beach. Our budget is around 80 usd /night 2person. Very hard to find please help

Cabarete, Dominican...
Destination Expert
for Cabarete
Level Contributor
40,296 posts
242 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Encuentro

I may be wrong but you won't find a hotel closer to the beach. There is no hotels on the beach itself, and the next block up, if Imremember correctly are all houses. Hooked and Coconut Palms are the only hotels I can think of in Encuentro.

Out of curiosity I googled in Sapanish and found this place, but I hadn't hear of it before today:

livethelife.eu/el-encuentro-cabarete-surf-ca…

Silvia

Isle of Man
Destination Expert
for Cabarete
Level Contributor
1,147 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Encuentro

You may be better getting a place in Cabarete itself for less than $50 a night and using the rest of your budget for daily travel? Then you have the benefit of the shops, restaurants & bars while just having a ten minute cab ride to the surf?

I'm off to Encuentro in the morning with my camera! :-)

3. Re: Encuentro

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 23 January 2013, 14:05
Vienna, Austria
Level Contributor
100 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Encuentro

Thanks for your reply,

Cabarete is not an option right know.

Maybe Hooked is best suited for us after all.

Johnnycast 118 where is your place located? You could send me a private message if you want to.

Cabarete, Dominican...
Destination Expert
for Cabarete
Level Contributor
40,296 posts
242 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Encuentro

Jonnnycast188,

Tripadvisor forum posting guidelines strictly prohibit advertising/sollicitation in the forums. You'd better become familiar with the guidelines.

tripadvisor.com/help/what_are_the_guidelines…

Silvia

Cabarete, Dominican...
Destination Expert
for Cabarete
Level Contributor
40,296 posts
242 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Encuentro

Assisy,

I don't know if Hooked provides breakfast, lunch and dinner. There are virtually no restaurants around Encuentro. The closest one is in Hideway beach. There is no supermarket either. You will need to allow for transportation expenses, I think that is the reason why IomKeith was recommending you stay in Cabarete and commute yo Encuentro for surfing, which takes places only in the mornings till noon or 1pm at the latest. Usually the afternoons are not good for surfing in the area.

Silvia

Isle of Man
Destination Expert
for Cabarete
Level Contributor
1,147 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Encuentro

"Cabarete is not an option right know."

If there is a reason why you can't be in town, how about staying in Sosua and rent a car? At least then you have supermarkets, restaurants & night-life?

gulfport, fl
Level Contributor
94 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Encuentro

There is a new place called Surf Break Lodge. Within the last year someone took a house/villa/compound and converted it into this place. Like hooked, it's within walking distance of the beach.

If your plan is to surf at Encuentro, it is an option.

9. Re: Encuentro

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 February 2014, 06:17